How do I wake the screen for notifications?

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I just started using Auto Screen On https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.omd.autoscreenon&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5vbWQuYXV0b3NjcmVlbm9uIl0.. I've only used it for two days but it seems to work pretty well without excessive battery drain. I was afraid the screen would turn on and off all the time in my pocket. When I pull my phone out of my pocket and hold it up about a foot from my face the screen turns on. If my phone is laying on a flat surface and I want to check on a notification that came in I wave my hand over the proximity sensor and it turns on. I use the One's Productivity lock screen.

Dayvidpriddy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
It's driving me crazy to have to constantly push the on/off button to wake the screen for notifications. Sorry but vibrate and a green blinking light aren't enough.
I want to be able to SEE notifications as they come in, so I know if I need to pick up the phone or not.
I suspect the answer is download yet another app, but any help would be much appreciated.

I just posted about this very topic a few minutes ago regarding my new Nexus 5 I just got (switched from iPhone) and got flamed by some dude for complaining about this rofl. I assumed this was a standard feature on any smartphone? It is for iOS, BlackBerry and Windows, Android...you need to get with the times. This is awful that this is not included in Android.

neilbh

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Even Lollipop 5.0.1 doesn't have screen wake..! seems strange!
Try Slide Lock Locker app for an Android!
hope it works....Cheers!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2