Home button Turn On?

mamartin89

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to make the screen turn on by pushing the home button (or back button)?

I have no problem pushing the on/off lock button, but it just seems like pushing the home button would be easier.

Thanks!

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to make the screen turn on by pushing the home button (or back button)?

I have no problem pushing the on/off lock button, but it just seems like pushing the home button would be easier.

Thanks!

Here is a video which shows it can be done, in fact, the HTC logo between the back and home button can be activated and used as a home button. You have to root your device.

Nguyenning

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there's a way to do this... Some launchers even have gestures, but I've never seen power on/off being a gesture. I think they really missed an opportunity to have the logo 'HTC' act as either a solid button or a home button. That would've been cool...

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't think there's a way to do this... Some launchers even have gestures, but I've never seen power on/off being a gesture. I think they really missed an opportunity to have the logo 'HTC' act as either a solid button or a home button. That would've been cool...
Did you just ignore the last two posts or are you talking about something else? Maybe I am reading it wrong.

sw001

May 9, 2013
Visit site
So there isn't any way without hacking the system? Such an incredibly stupid decision not to have a home button turn on the home screen. Maybe because I'm coming from an iPhone, but having the power button be the only on button is horrible for a device this size. If I pick up the HTC One with my right hand, I have to use my other hand to turn it on. Phones should be able to be used by one hand easily. Even picking it up w/ the left hand, its hard to stretch to the power button.

I love some parts of the phone, but the ergonomics like the power button placement are horrible.

SeanBlader

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
HTC hasn't had a physical button on the face of their flagship phones in at least three years. Just because Samsung and Apple have it, really is no excuse for HTC to violate the Google recommended button count, none of the nexus phones, and not a single tablet have buttons on the face. Nor you should not use the capacitive home button as a power button, unless you have unlimited battery life, it'd be too easy to activate the screen in your pocket, which is why power buttons exist.

If you absolutely must have a physical home button on the face of the device, I'd suggest trying out the offerings from Samsung, they often have exactly the feature you're asking for.