Anyone else decide to stick with their HTC EVO 4G LTE?

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I have been looking at the HTC One and the Galaxy S4 since they were announced and after looking at reviews I decided on the HTC One but the one thing that has kept me from upgrading is the camera. The EVO 4g LTE has a great camera which I use almost daily but I have read so many mixed reviews about the One's 4 "Ultra" pixel camera that even though I will miss out on the premium aluminum build and dual speakers I think sticking with the EVO and it's 8 MP sense camera and the upcoming upgrade to Android 4.2 and Sense 5.0 is the best choice for me for now.

SeanBlader

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Depends on if you ever enlarge your photo's above 8" x 10". If you don't, you're overpixelling anyway. Also the rapid fire on the One is twice as fast as the Evo LTE, part of that is due to less data being transferred off the sensor, part of it is a faster image processor.

Also, you should look through your pictures and see how many of them are in less than daylight lighting.

mamartin89

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I really enjoy the One's camera. I use it casually (taking photos of friends and scenes and putting them on facebook/instagram) and it is fine. In fact I have gotten a few comments of how nice the pics are.

The ease of sharing and making the highlight videos (and zoes) is worth it imo.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I actually gave my HTC EVO LTE to my daughter, and bought the One. Loved the EVO, but wanted the latest phone.
I actually am bringing the phone back to Best Buy and returning it today. Not because I don't like it, but because when I bought it last week, it extended my contract on my three lines from Sprint. So I plan on bringing it back today and paying full price so as not to extend my contract. Been with Sprint for a decade, bitbut their poor covecoverage has made me want to keep my options open. I can't wait to see the look on the employees faces when I tell them I want to pay more for my phone!!!!

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I actually gave my HTC EVO LTE to my daughter, and bought the One. Loved the EVO, but wanted the latest phone.
I actually am bringing the phone back to Best Buy and returning it today. Not because I don't like it, but because when I bought it last week, it extended my contract on my three lines from Sprint. So I plan on bringing it back today and paying full price so as not to extend my contract. Been with Sprint for a decade, bitbut their poor covecoverage has made me want to keep my options open. I can't wait to see the look on the employees faces when I tell them I want to pay more for my phone!!!!

When you upgrade a phone on Sprint it does not extend your contract on all your lines. Don't know who told you this but I would check again before you spend more money.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from the evo lte and I'm so happy.. The camera is actually better on the one in most situations.. Higher mega pixel does not mean better picture.

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site
My phone is the main line for my family plan. When I bought my phone last week, all three lines had a contract end date of June 24th 2015. I will be at the Sprint store today to find out what's the deal. Thanks for the heads up.

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
My phone is the main line for my family plan. When I bought my phone last week, all three lines had a contract end date of June 24th 2015. I will be at the Sprint store today to find out what's the deal. Thanks for the heads up.

I have a family plan also and I do not matter each line has its own contract end date. I have been with sprint almost 15 years and never seen this. Something is wrong with that.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have been looking at the HTC One and the Galaxy S4 since they were announced and after looking at reviews I decided on the HTC One but the one thing that has kept me from upgrading is the camera. The EVO 4g LTE has a great camera which I use almost daily but I have read so many mixed reviews about the One's 4 "Ultra" pixel camera that even though I will miss out on the premium aluminum build and dual speakers I think sticking with the EVO and it's 8 MP sense camera and the upcoming upgrade to Android 4.2 and Sense 5.0 is the best choice for me for now.
Why don't you buy the device and use the 14 free trial to review it for yourself? Absolutely nothing compares to hands on experience. I make a point to test drive everything I'm interested in. You might find that the HTC One's camera meets your needs. Or it won't. At least you won't have to continue to scour reviews and message boards wondering "What if?" That's exhausting.
I bought the HTC One and the Samsung S4 at the same time in order to come to a decision.
Reviews are like horoscopes: they're great for entertainment.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
The One's camera is as good as the EVO LTE's in daylight, and trounces it in dark conditions. Make the switch, you won't regret it. :)

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Just stopped into the Sprint store and they looked up my account. Each line had their own contract end date. Not sure what or where I saw the other date, but I know I saw it. Strange.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Just stopped into the Sprint store and they looked up my account. Each line had their own contract end date. Not sure what or where I saw the other date, but I know I saw it. Strange.

Yeah I was about to say that shouldn't happen otherwise families would only be able to update one phone every 2 years lol.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

dragone7e

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Buying a Sprint One won't give you much options really, since it won't work with Verizon, AT&T, or T-Mobile.
So if you're staying with Sprint, might as well sign the contract.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm sticking with my Evo LTE. I have 2 upgrades available on my family plan that I could use, but I don't really feel the need to jump to it as much as I like the phone. I am thinking about getting the phone for my dad just cuz it'll be cheap with the trade in offers and the phone freedom, and not cuz he'll actually use most of the features (cuz he probably won't). But it beats an Evo Shift :p

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Agree. At some point their coverage will ramp up. The LTE coverage in the Tampa area is getting more saturated each day. Eventually, they'll have to flip the switch. Might as well bite the bullet.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm sticking with my EVO 4G LTE, but only because I don't have any upgrades due, and I can't justify the cost for doing it early. I did play with a One at the Sprint store, and even though I liked it a lot, it didn't make enough of an impression on me to make me want to part with ~$600 for marginal (IMO) upgrades over the EVO.
- I'm running a Sense 5 port, and the EVO is every bit as smooth as the One.
- I couldn't perceive any improvement in the display.
- I think the camera hardware improvements, overall design, and speakers are the main improvements coming from the EVO. But overall, I don't think those things alone are worth the $$, at least for me.

vbockius

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm sticking with my EVO 4G LTE, but only because I don't have any upgrades due, and I can't justify the cost for doing it early. I did play with a One at the Sprint store, and even though I liked it a lot, it didn't make enough of an impression on me to make me want to part with ~$600 for marginal (IMO) upgrades over the EVO.
- I'm running a Sense 5 port, and the EVO is every bit as smooth as the One.
- I couldn't perceive any improvement in the display.
- I think the camera hardware improvements, overall design, and speakers are the main improvements coming from the EVO. But overall, I don't think those things alone are worth the $$, at least for me.
You could always take advantage of the "add a line" loophole, I did for my Evo 4g LTE, after a few months the ETF went down to $150.00...way cheaper than $600.00 and I saved my upgrade for the One I just got

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I was planning to keep my HTC EVO 4G LTE on Sprint and not upgrade, but I decided to switch from Sprint to AT&T because of the extremely poor data service in the Seattle area. As such, I got a new HTC One when I switched and I'm now glad I did! The phone is very, very nicely built. I loved my EVO, but I love the One even more!

aviatordoc

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

You are misinformed. They nailed you here. I have 4 lines and every year upgrade one of the phones and pass on my old one down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol