How to turn off camera shutter sound

Delphinus

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't on 4.1.2 roms(non original development roms). The shutter sound still plays and is very loud even with volume lowered all the way.

mcantu

May 26, 2011
Visit site
iirc, Sprint required that the camera sound not be able to be turned off

(i dont have a One yet so i'm not sure if thats 100% correct)

chits9

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
i can guarantee there are no settings to turn off sound on the samsung s4 (well at least in my region of australia). even with the phone set to mute and volume settings right down, it still clicks annoyingly loud.

Antipusoft

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Google API allows to capture video without shutter sound.

QuietCamera - simple application that is able to record video. No shutter sound when Start\Stop recording. Capturing is not finished when the application goes to background. The recording does not stop when working in other applications. It is OK to put device to sleep or lock mode, the recording does not stop even when the screen is off. Device GPU is used for video encoding, so it is very battery friendly.
The application is based on latest API from Google, so no support of older devices is possible.
Very simple interface - only one button to start\stop recording. Best resolution is selected automatically basing on device camera preferred settings

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...DEsImNvbS5hbnRpcHUuY2FtZXJhIl0&token=t1q8Sb3X.

Prit Raod

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
there are so many app that can do that.. I use an app called Camspy, it lets me take pics and video without any sound or a preview.
Just search on google play with the name 'camspy'. Too lazy to post the exact link..

ali rashid1

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I have a note 2 and ive been trying all sorts of things and at the end i realized all you have to do is lower the voice of your ring tone but do it in your homescreen if you press the volume button in camera it zooms in/out

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2