I've Rooted my HTC One - Now what?

Jmhunter22

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I've successfully unlocked my bootloader, flashed recovery and rooted my One using Superuser. I got Titanium Back-up and froze all those stupid bloatware apps. Now what can I do? I see there are two pretty good roms over in Xda forums, but I'm not sure if I should grab one of those or wait for other better ones? Is there a "best" rom? Anything else I can do while waiting for a good one?

dotB

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I basically just wait till I see an app/theme/feature I really want before I do anything. I typically root just for the advanced backup features available to us. If you are a ROM junkie, the Nexus line of phones are the best for that.

The 'best' ROM for you is one that offers features you will use. The same reason I didn't jump on a S4, I would NEVER use any of those gesture features. But I love the One camera and Blinkfeed. So, how do you want to use your phone? That is what you want to ask, then start reading a ton over on XDA in the development forums looking at ROMs and the features that are offered in them. Be aware, ROMs not based off the current firmware can break core features on the phone. Learned that one the hard way on my S3.

turb0wned

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Someone tell me what the point of freezing your apps with titanium is when you can just disable them in settings?

Xaroc

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
With Titanium Backup, it basically will allow you to freeze or 'Disable' apps that are otherwise locked down and not able to be disabled in the native settings menu such as: Mail, HTC Launcher, Car, Flickr, etc.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Someone tell me what the point of freezing your apps with titanium is when you can just disable them in settings?

With Titanium Backup, it basically will allow you to freeze or 'Disable' apps that are otherwise locked down and not able to be disabled in the native settings menu such as: Mail, HTC Launcher, Car, Flickr, etc.
THIS ^ ^

Not to mention aside from bloatware you can freeze system apps too...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay