Voice Dialing Issue

rtmorris00

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I gave my iPhone 5 to my wife and I picked up an HTC One and figured I'd give it a try during the return period and see how I like it. So far, I think I'm set on keeping it, but the one major issue that I'm running into is voice dialing. I can't get it to work properly with my Bluetooth car kit. I have a GOgroove FlexSMART X2 which worked great with my iPhone. With the One, I hold down the call button and get the "Say call and then say a name or number prompt" and I can never get it to dial the appropriate number. Usually, nothing happens after saying a name. Sometimes, it says cannot recognize name. After doing this, it seems to get locked in this mode and I cannot press the button again to get the prompt.

I've watched the screen when pressing the button and it flashes a screen that quickly goes away; it is too quick and can't tell what is on the screen. I've tried disabling the ADW launcher to see if this is interfering and this did not seem to do anything.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the EXACT same issue. It sucks but this is how you fix it for the mean time....

Go into settings>apps>swipe to ALL. Look for Google search and uninstall updates and reboot. This makes it work for me anyways on my Motorola Command One BT and my Pioneer AVH-X3500 in my truck with no issues. I also use svox classic with grace installed to make it sound terrific. In google play though, it will say that there is a google search update. Don't download it but tap it and uncheck automatic updates otherwise it will DL and install without you knowing.

Hope this helps you cause this is a major issue for me. I'm not sure if it's a Google or an HTC issue but this is unacceptable. VC should work out of the box...every Samsung phone I've had worked flawless and never had to configure anything to get it to work.

rtmorris00

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes, this did seem to resolve the issue. Not sure if there is anything I'm going to miss out on without the newest version of Google Search, but we'll see. Thanks again.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes, this did seem to resolve the issue. Not sure if there is anything I'm going to miss out on without the newest version of Google Search, but we'll see. Thanks again.

Glad it worked. I'm not sure either what we are missing, but I'm sure Google will put out yet another update. Your welcome!

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the EXACT same issue. It sucks but this is how you fix it for the mean time....

Go into settings>apps>swipe to ALL. Look for Google search and uninstall updates and reboot. This makes it work for me anyways on my Motorola Command One BT and my Pioneer AVH-X3500 in my truck with no issues. I also use svox classic with grace installed to make it sound terrific. In google play though, it will say that there is a google search update. Don't download it but tap it and uncheck automatic updates otherwise it will DL and install without you knowing.

Hope this helps you cause this is a major issue for me. I'm not sure if it's a Google or an HTC issue but this is unacceptable. VC should work out of the box...every Samsung phone I've had worked flawless and never had to configure anything to get it to work.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This has been driving me crazy, but I couldn't nail down where the problem was. I'm sure glad my forum search turned up this thread and your post. Thanks again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc