Yahoo Finance slams the HTC One

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that review reads like someone has an axe to grind. They don't like it because you might drop it? They don't like it because it has a custom skin? And then they recommend the HTC First, which comes slathered with Facebook Home?

Where's that Riker facepalm image when you need it?

derande

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
The HTC One feels terrible in the hand. It's too big and, more importantly, extremely slippery. It feels like a moderately used bar of soap, ready to fly out of your hand any second. It's a little bit like getting into a car where you can't get a comfortable seating position but you have a back ache from the first second.[

Disagree

Speaking of difficult to use, I found there are only two home pages as the default (aside from the news feed). This compares very poorly with the Nexus, which has five.

Wrong.

Again, I had to go to the Sprint store and ask how to increase the number of pages from two. Turns out, you can increase it to four. Again, difficult to figure out.

Dummy. Had to go to the store to ask how to increase the number of screens? Geez...Somebody take this device away from this baby...

So, on the HTC One, where is the button to take a picture? I have absolutely no idea. I finally figured it out, using an exhaustive process of elimination. I basically pressed every icon (and non-icon) on the screen, and finally was able to discover what took a picture. Then, of course, I forgot it the next time I wanted to take a picture.

good lord, this moron does not deserve this device.

Last edited by a moderator:

scooter7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Having used the phone now for a week, I can honestly say this reviewer must be smoking something. He had troubles finding out how to use basic functions (adding screens and camera release button), which I found fairly easy, especially having used HTC Android phones in the past.

Then he goes on to trash the hardware... That's where I decided to just tune him out.

derande

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
hahaha

aw.jpg

https://twitter.com/antonwahlman

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I agree they should just put stock android on it.

Other than that, the guy couldn't figure out how to take a picture? Then he finally pressed every button until he took one, but couldn't remember the next time? Come on.

Speaker grill came off on it's own? No drop or anything?

Peter Venkman

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Folks, it's Yahoo. Are you under the impression they have the world's greatest reporters on their payroll? The company is dying a slow death, and has turned to sensationalism over journalism for site hits and focus-grabbing. Let the corpse decay.

Charles Lambton

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe that review, it almost sounds like he was paid off for it. Also if you want an excellent example of why humans suck as a species, look at the comment section. It is so ridiculously incorrect that it's mind boggling.

Charles Lambton

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Why is it a crime to not like a phone? He gave reasons he didn't like it and that's his opinion.

The problem is that he's trying to pass this off as a well informed review of the device. He seems to have issues with even the most simple of tasks and bashes things that many other reviewers find to be fantastic. Is it possible that his front plate fell off due to a quality control issue? Of course, is it also possible that he is that one in a million person that doesn't like how the phone feels? Yes. Should he be using his personal opinion as a basis to recommend or not recommend the device? No.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
What the hell? This "reviewer" couldn't figure out how to take a photo? Is this the first Android device they have ever come across? It's not difficult. And then they have to run to the store to figure out how to add a screen? How about reading the instruction manual? Or looking online?There's an idea. Running to the store is an odd "solution" to such a small problem. This person should never be allowed to review anything tech related again, it's clearly too much.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
The person who wrote that article is obviously a Samsung fan boy or Samsung paid him to write that as there been evidence of them hiring people to bad mouth HTC one and ruin htcs campaign. I forgot where I read this but who cares what these guys say we all know it's the opposite and feels great in the hand and does not feel slippery to me.

Also people will believe tech site reviews over some guy like this from yahoo or whatever.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

jtb79

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Wrong.

Dummy. Had to go to the store to ask how to increase the number of screens? Geez...Somebody take this device away from this baby...

No kidding! I camme from an iPhone and figured that out without issue...

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums