HTC one. Beats and boomsound test

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... I think everyone already knows that Beats setting makes the sound appear "different"... It is just a custom EQ which raises some frequencies by a few db's making the sound appear subjectively "better" (and "louder") to majority of people, that's all there is to it...

B.t.w, Engadget did a review of this feature a couple years ago, where they say same thing (Beats setting simply jacks up certain frequencies, which you can do with any music player that has manual EQ settings):
HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio review

Remember there is also hardware in this as well, as the HTC devices with beats audio also have a dedicated sound amp. it doesn't make it "appear" louder, it is louder.

I don't use my iPod anymore. My HTC gets the same volume with better sound at approximately 60% of the volume that an iPod needs. It is quite amazing.

Posted via Android Central App

TourATL

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Hmm... I think everyone already knows that Beats setting makes the sound appear "different"... It is just a custom EQ which raises some frequencies by a few db's making the sound appear subjectively "better" (and "louder") to majority of people, that's all there is to it...

B.t.w, Engadget did a review of this feature a couple years ago, where they say same thing (Beats setting simply jacks up certain frequencies, which you can do with any music player that has manual EQ settings):
HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio review

Most folks wouldn't know what settings to tweak on a manual eq. Even if that's all it is, kudos.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol