HTC one - using it to play music through car radio?

Orna Pitt

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have recently changed from an iPhone to the new HTC one. So far the HTC is great, I love it, but today I plugged it into the usb in my car and I can't play my music through the radio. I had no problems with my iPhone, it was just plug and play, I suspect the car is the issue, but any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Android Central Forums

Squeeze Play

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have recently changed from an iPhone to the new HTC one. So far the HTC is great, I love it, but today I plugged it into the usb in my car and I can't play my music through the radio. I had no problems with my iPhone, it was just plug and play, I suspect the car is the issue, but any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Android Central Forums

You'll have to use the headphone jack on your One connected to the AUX on your radio or use a Bluetooth connection.

kiloechonovember

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Excuse my noob question but why?
I love this phone, yet every previous phone I've owned (iPhone 4s, 5, Palm Pre and Blackberries) did this through USB without issue. Fortunately I have bluetooth in my cars, still.. its an unnecessary step :(

MikeDubC

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
That's odd, if it worked with a Palm Pre I would think it would work with HTC One. Most decks are designed with the iphone in mind unfortunately. I am lucky have an aux in my VW Rabbit and got a stereo bluetooth adapter for it...lovin it.

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I use AUX for all my devices iPhone or not, never have used bluetooth that wasn't installed in a radio, but perhaps you could get a usb bluetooth adapter?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Excuse my noob question but why?
I love this phone, yet every previous phone I've owned (iPhone 4s, 5, Palm Pre and Blackberries) did this through USB without issue. Fortunately I have bluetooth in my cars, still.. its an unnecessary step :(

Car radios aren't designed to read the MTP protocol, which is what's used when mounting storage through USB. They are usually designed with Apple devices in mind, so they have the required compatibility for their protocol. Mass Storage devices (like USB thumb drives) are easily read as they are a universal standard (so is MTP, but unfortunately adoption is slow).

jen2529

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I just bought the HTC One and when I plugged mine into the usb in my car the radio began playing my ringtones, even showing the names of the ringtones on the screen. Also, I downloaded a ringtone maker and my music will not show up for me to make ringtones, but my ringtones that came with the phone did!! HELP!!!

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
If you are going from the charging port it does not transfer audio with a standard charging cord. You will need to use the 3.5mm audio port on the phone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

PittsPgh

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I sometimes use my BlueTooth Speaker to pass through to the radio in the truck. Sometimes they have a crappy radio don't pick up stations that well. So I run Iheartradio and pass it to the FM Radio.

Paul

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I am using the HTC stereoclip for more than a year now with my OneX and One,the sound is perfect like direct AUX.
If you don't have any connection then use one of the numerous FM transmitter,dunno if you can send MP3 Tag over FM RDS messages...

Danko69

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Can I play music in car which has AUX female and USB female connector (I suppose USB in this case described up will be for charging, AUX for music) if car hasn't radio installed? It's working car so I was thinking to connect my HTC One by AUX and listen music in? Please help if someone has experience.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance