HTC One Remote not working with any hardware

Neal Veen

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have been playing with the HTC One Remote for a few days now. No matter what I do I can not get it to work with any of my TV's, Cable Boxes, or Receivers. I am not sure if this is a app issue or a hardware issue. I am not sure how to make sure.

I have put the remote to the Phone and it states the phone learned the function. But when I try to use it on the TV it still will not do anything. It can take 3-4 try's before the phone will learn the function.

I still have a week to return or exchange the phone. Is there a way I can find out if this is a hardware issue or not? I have done some searching and seems like this App is hit or miss. Did see there is a update coming. It will be after my return period. I am not having luck trying to find a different app for Free that I can play with.

Thanks for any help

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Does it work with the preloaded codes for your tv's or have you even tried that. BTW mine seems to work fine.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I was able to get my HTC One to work with my Philips TV and Comcast Cable Box very easily. My TV is less than 1 year old-- how old is your equipment?

Neal Veen

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
TV and cable box are about 2-3 years old for the family room. The receiver is about 7 years old.

For the bedroom the TV is about 7 years old (got it for my 360) and the cable box is about 2 years old.

******* update******
I just got a hold of someone else HTC One. I tried it in my TV setup and it worked great. So it my phone. So at least I found it out before my 14 days where up.

Last edited:

MikeDubC

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
That's really odd. My HTC One set up all 3 rooms with receivers and surround within minutes. Sorry bud :/ It is a really good feature.

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been playing with the HTC One Remote for a few days now. No matter what I do I can not get it to work with any of my TV's, Cable Boxes, or Receivers. I am not sure if this is a app issue or a hardware issue. I am not sure how to make sure.

I have put the remote to the Phone and it states the phone learned the function. But when I try to use it on the TV it still will not do anything. It can take 3-4 try's before the phone will learn the function.

I still have a week to return or exchange the phone. Is there a way I can find out if this is a hardware issue or not? I have done some searching and seems like this App is hit or miss. Did see there is a update coming. It will be after my return period. I am not having luck trying to find a different app for Free that I can play with.

Thanks for any help

Here's a little secret! Take an older phone and point your camera at the ir blaster on the one. When you push a button you will see the ir light through the phone camera that you are looking through. They don't have an IR filter so this works. If it doesn't light up then grab a regular remote and point it in to the camera and if it doesn't light up then you're probably using an iPhone 5 with an IR filter

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

Neal Veen

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I got a new phone. Everything is great now. I am loving the app. My wife thinks it is crazy how it works. But also thinks it it's sweet.

Now I never have to seach for Freinds any more for her. :D

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

mosi_bg

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I am having a similar problem. I was able to configure the remote for the TV (Sony), but not for the cable box (Samsung).

None of the predefined codes work and even if I make it learn them from the remote - it still does not work. Maybe I need an update or something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude