I personally witnessed an AT&T Rep pushing Samsung in a big way today.

AdamsHouseCat

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I personally observed this today...

I was in an AT&T store today- a middle aged woman came in with her old iphone. An AT&T rep engaged with her. They were initially looking at the iPhone5. I overheard the lady make the observation that the screen was just longer ? not really larger.

?so, the AT&T Rep ?transitioned? their discussion over to the newly launched Android phone section- where the rep immediately began touting the Galaxy S4. After a couple of minutes with the S4, it was time to check one more phone?.

The rep stepped right past the HTC One, and on to the older products area for a little hands on with the Galaxy S3.

At this point I was leaving the store, so I don?t know what happened next. If that lady bought a phone today, she did so without ever knowing the HTC One even existed.

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
When i make a big purchase,regardless of phone,computer,TV,i fully research the products so when if i purchase in store i am not hassled by the bias sales people.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
When I bought my HTC one a rep was trying to push me into the s4 of course I said no and got the HTC but he was insistent that the s4 was better. Went back to the store the next day to buy a case and the same rep was signing the praises for the HTC one as he finally experienced the screen and speakers. Then again the rep had a note 2 so I expected him to be a little partial

Portsider

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I know what you're saying. When I went into the AT&T store Thursday to purchase my new 'One', there were a couple of customers being 'hard sold' a GS4. It gave me great pleasure to pitch the HTC one to them once he walked away. Once I mentioned the usb host functionality of the device (I conveniently neglected to mention that the gs4 has it, as well), I believe it turned one of them. It's pretty amazing that I haven't ran across one single at&t rep who knows that this incredible feature even exists!.

Well anyway, count me in as a proud member of the 'One' family. This is, quite simply, the most stunning device I've ever owned.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing it's more that the AT&T rep had a personal preference of that phone and that's why he brought her to that phone... I think some if not most Rep's don't really look at the the customer's needs but their personal suggestions

Sent from my Galaxy S4 Exynos!

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing it's more that the AT&T rep had a personal preference of that phone and that's why he brought her to that phone... I think some if not most Rep's don't really look at the the customer's needs but their personal suggestions

And Samsung is more well known. I mean even I loved the commercials mocking all the Apple people standing in line amazed that a phone other than Apple could do all those neat things. And the Apple people saying next year Apple will have all those cool features. Whoever came up with that deserves a BIG bonus from Samsung. lol

MikeDubC

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site

So true. Its messed up because the both the s4 and the one are the two best phones, depending on the individual needs/preferences.

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I agree. The One sells itself. I love my Note 2 and if I hadn't already got used to having a big screen and the s-pen, ect.

Well let's just say if there was no such thing as the Note 2 I would get the One. The S4 is nice but I just hate that the USA doesn't get the octa core. It's not about power, it's about the Battery life the octa core S4 gets.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I remember when I bought my Note 2 and the ATT guy was pushing the iPhone and an iPad on me. I don't get how anyone can't understand I don't want to lug around a tablet with my phone.

My phone is a good One!

MikeDubC

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I agree. The One sells itself. I love my Note 2 and if I hadn't already got used to having a big screen and the s-pen, ect.

Well let's just say if there was no such thing as the Note 2 I would get the One. The S4 is nice but I just hate that the USA doesn't get the octa core. It's not about power, it's about the Battery life the octa core S4 gets.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I ditched my note 2 for this. I thought I wanted 5.5", but it was a little too much.

mamartin89

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me!

I went in to get the One before the S4 even came out and the associate was pushing me very hard to put off and wait to buy the S4.

he proceeded to tell me how much better the S4 was gonna be. Little did he know that I had done tons of research, so I knew all the things he was telling me were false.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Brian Delaney

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I purchased my One just on Fri at an attt store as an upgrade and the rep was really professional Then again, he knew that I had obviously done my research and wanted the One, so that might have had much to do with it
Despite the horror stories I often hear, all my experiences with attt have been pretty positive knock wood lol

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I purchased my One just on Fri at an attt store as an upgrade and the rep was really professional Then again, he knew that I had obviously done my research and wanted the One, so that might have had much to do with it
Despite the horror stories I often hear, all my experiences with attt have been pretty positive knock wood lol

ATT has been awesome, called up there last week and they moved my upgrade date up six months for me.

My phone is a good One!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol