No more gap on top after addition of some white silicone!

cmilviper

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
My HTC One had not gap on the bottom, and a small gap on the top.

It did not really bother me that much like a stuck pixel ect. would have.....but I figured I would apply a little white silicone to the gap for the hell of it.

My One no longer has any gaps.

Now it's about 2:20AM, and I am going to start a movie....

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I am so uncoordinated if I tried to do anything like that it would end up looking like a can of silly string exploded all over my phone.

Glad to hear you did well with that!

cmilviper

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the bad quality...but below you will see pictures of the bottom & top of my phone. The area of discussion actually looks better than it does in the below pictures.

IMAG1265_zpsefdd0111.jpg

IMAG1260_zps61df0ced.jpg

cmilviper

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, no before pics...It looked like some of the other gap pictures on this forum. It was worse from the middle towards the power button.

Karmamule, silicone is very easy to work with. What is not used in the gap fill can just be wiped off with a paper towel. (Nothing like glue ect.)

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Dudewhat. Nice! I love it! So you just smeared the silicon in, clamped it, and wiped away the excess/cleaned up the edges before it dried, I assume?

cmilviper

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Dudewhat. Nice! I love it! So you just smeared the silicon in, clamped it, and wiped away the excess/cleaned up the edges before it dried, I assume?

That is correct, but I did no clamping....Just smeared it in smoothly, wiped the excess, and let it dry.....The white silicone matches the polycarbonate filler perfectly.

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Awesome! If I end up going with a one instead of the s4, and land in this issue, I'll definitely be doing this. What brand silicone? I know it sounds silly but the match is perfect.

cmilviper

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
The brand I used is GE waterproof white silicone...Unless the gap is huge, any white silicone should work as a filler. At least it will no longer be an open crack that an index card could slide into...Good luck.

It's not that big of a deal, but if it helps you forget about the small gap and enjoy the phone, then go for it.

newtotheone

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Im tempted to do this but I have a little bit of a gap by the volume rocker. Not sure if that would effect the volume control. It's kind of bugging me as I can get a piece of paper in it. What do you guys think? Hate to take it back cause it's been flawless and the black ones seem limited...

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Im tempted to do this but I have a little bit of a gap by the volume rocker. Not sure if that would effect the volume control. It's kind of bugging me as I can get a piece of paper in it. What do you guys think? Hate to take it back cause it's been flawless and the black ones seem limited...

I can also get a piece of paper in a tiny space between the volume rocker and the rest of the frame. The paper will only go in about an eighth of an inch. For heavens sake, that rocker needs some space to move or it will get stuck. That space is hardly visible to the naked eye. Perhaps yours is larger, I don't know, but you can get a paper in my gap and it seems normal, and I wouldn't want that gap any smaller. it seems to be wider at the top of the rocker. I don't think this is a defect.