Sense 5 Lack of Animation When Hitting Home Button In App

djshackman

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I find it strange that HTC seems to have removed any form of animation when in an app and hitting the home button while using the Sense launcher. It seems... Odd, I guess. I suppose it's quicker than watching an animation, but it almost reminds me of using Windows with animations turned off. I know other launchers (such as Nova) allow the user to change this, but I actually like Sense 5 (and was bugged by the way the lockscreen uses the Sense dock, and Nova doesn't change that).

Any thoughts on this?

djshackman

May 2, 2013
Visit site
No replies... Does this not strike anyone as odd? It almost seems like a bug, as every other screen has a transition.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

go3go

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I don't mind it. Although I've never had a phone that did much in the way of animations.

Sent from my HTC One via the US Postal Service.

djshackman

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't mind it. Although I've never had a phone that did much in the way of animations.

Sent from my HTC One via the US Postal Service.

It's just odd--especially since Android, since at least 2.x, has had a transition of some sort when hitting the Home button.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
There is an animation, it's a quick fade. It makes the device feel faster when compared to other devices.

Sent from my HTC One

djshackman

May 2, 2013
Visit site
There is an animation, it's a quick fade. It makes the device feel faster when compared to other devices.

Sent from my HTC One

There is no fade of any sort when you're in an app and hit the home button. Someone on XDA said that HTC has never included an animation.

djshackman

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so this is odd. There IS a fade when I hit home while in Tapatalk. I haven't seen this in other apps though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173