IR Remote a surprise to many.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
My favorite new feature in Super Phones in 2013 not well known, in fact not one knew that the One has an IR blaster to control your Home Theater.

A few ask me if it's an App? LOL

SHIFT_tapatalk 2 hTc One

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
It's a welcome addition. My long retired Sony Clie used to have this feature as well. Used to have a lot of fun screwing with the bartenders back in the day.

Sent from my HTC One

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
My favorite new feature in Super Phones in 2013 not well known, in fact not one knew that the One has an IR blaster to control your Home Theater.

A few ask me if it's an App? LOL

SHIFT_tapatalk 2 hTc One

My GF had no idea my new one had this feature. She's a big TV hog and hides the remote so she can watch her HGTV (Yawn). I now have the power! A feature she dislikes.

And good idea about using it in a bar. Lol. A local spot I visit never changes the channel.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Ive been using PEEL on my Samsung Tab 2 10.1 and im looking forward to getting a Black HTC ONE. The remote is a key feature for me.

MikeDubC

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Definitely a must on my next Super Phone.

*cough*Apple*cough*5S/6 LOL

I don't think it will happen tbh. I think apple will release a tv that works with the iPhone but not via IR. I have no facts to back this up, just my prediction.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, fantastic addition. My universal remote recently died and this will hold me over until I save my pennies for a new one.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I know just taking a jab at Apple, I'm sure an IR Blaster is the least of their worries. Unless iOS 7 changes, Note 3 is my next.

BTW, love the signature.

MikeDubC

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I know just taking a jab at Apple, I'm sure an IR Blaster is the least of their worries. Unless iOS 7 changes, Note 3 is my next.

BTW, love the signature.

lol thanks. I was getting flamed hard in the s4 forum just for having legit criticisms. The sig seemed to help a bit.

HunterKen7

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I use the remote more in the bedroom. I love the ease of seeing what is on TV and watching my favorites. But they need more selection and it doesn't come close to matching my setup in the living room with my Harmony Touch.

Posted via Android Central App

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
It's amazing. My old Nokia 6800 dumbphone had IR and I never did find a good java app for remote controls even though on paper it had the capability. I always thought it was a natural fit. I was sad to see phones stop offering this feature.

As of yet, there doesn't seem to be an app other than the included SenseTV that makes use of the M7's IR. I look forward to the day when a third party app is available because I have a remote control light bulb (yes, really) that I would like to be able to operate with my phone. It's kind of like this: E27 60MM 5W RGB Multicolored IR Remote Control Light Bulb (AC 85~265V) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Dismaster

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Looks awesome! Can it replace my Harmony remote .

I would say no. The harmony alows you more tweaks and customizations. You cannot add a button to the phone remote. I have a TiVo DVR and the phone remote has no button for the channel guide. It has only the basics. I hope they update the app to make it more flexible.

HunterKen7

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
You can't add a button or you can't teach it buttons? There is definitely an option to teach the HTC remote buttons by pointing your tv remote to it and making the phone "learn" the IR button.

I don't see why this new enhanced remote app wouldn't have the option to create your own button layouts and allow you to teach the remote all the buttons from your existing remote.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
It's nice to have, but this won't replace my Harmony One. Physical buttons are critical for remote use in a dark room.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
It's nice to have, but this won't replace my Harmony One. Physical buttons are critical for remote use in a dark room.

Physical buttons are critical in a dark room, but a phone displaying a remote emits light, so your point is moot as your remote will always be visible.

Peter Venkman

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781