HTC Clock/Weather Widget "Current Location"

rainman4tech

May 29, 2011
Visit site
After I did the cycle the settings and a non-fast restart the weather app showed the correct location and does change as I change locations.
Fixed me up :)
Rainman

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Yup, as rainman4tech above mention. It's changing locations and updating fine now.

Ooo okay so let me get this straight. I turn "update when refreshed" in the weather app on and off, keep it off, then I go to location settings and turn off Location service and back on, then I turn off and on the location and google search setting?

outlawz89

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Im sorry guys but how on earth do you reboot androids? I have same situation with my location and went into settings - power - unchecked fast boot. and now dont know what on earth to do lol.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Ooo okay so let me get this straight. I turn "update when refreshed" in the weather app on and off, keep it off, then I go to location settings and turn off Location service and back on, then I turn off and on the location and google search setting?
Still wondering if these are the exact steps. I haven't been out of the area to test it in a couple of days.

akarande

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,
I have been using HTC one for more than 2 and half weeks now. I really like it, it's an awesome phone. Although I am facing the similar issue that you guys have it here! the weather widget. I tried talking to HTC support guys they were really helpful in guiding me. I was given few steps to follow and it worked for me for at-least a week or so and then it again started showing me "Current Location" on the widget. I understand this is not full proof solution but would help some devices fix it. I understand is not a problem for all but for few HTC devices, and the reason I say that because I and one of my friend purchased same device from same AT&T store at same time, and he does not seem to have that problem at all.
Steps:
- Turn on GPS (not permanently, just for troubleshooting)

- Access the Android Market or Google Play Store

- Search for, download, install, and then open an application called "GPS Status and Toolbox"

- Press Menu>Tools>Manage AGPS State>Reset

- Remove the weather widget (flip clock) from the home screen

- Go to Settings > Apps > All > Weather > Clear data

- Soft reset the device (fully power down, wait 5 seconds, power back up)

Even after this, I started having the issue after a week or two so I contacted them again, although this time it didn't help me much, but I still would like to share the steps!

- Regarding the Weather widget issues you're experiencing, there may be a setting such as Auto-Sync or Background data that is not that does not allow the Weather/GPS to update itself.

- To ensure that this is working properly, go to Home > Menu > Settings > Accounts & Sync.

- Check the boxes for Auto-Sync and Background data.

- You will also want to make sure that a development option called "Mock location" is turned off.

- Go to Menu > Settings > Applications > Development > Uncheck "Allow Mock Locations".

- Having this checked will not allow the phone to accurately pinpoint your Location.

I am not sure if this will fix it permanently as it did not for me, I am still looking for a permanent solution which I am again finding it hard to get. If any of you guys come across a permanent fix please do share with us. I will probably ask HTC support again for a permanent fix again and will update this thread accordingly.

Let me know if any of the steps are unclear!

Thanks!

sjane_14

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem first I;
1. Deleted the weather widget from my home screen, by holding it down and dragging to the remove option
2. Held down the empty space where it was
3. Then it came up with options I scrolled across to find weather and clock selected it
4. It then came up with the option of city and suburbs or current location

whola it was fixed.

Hope this solves your problem.:)

Lisa Walsh2

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have the HTC one, the weather animation is working for me, I have weather as my wallpaper & locked screen however there is no sound when the animation is going, how can I fix this so I can hear the sound?

netcub

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine did this for about 6 months.... I tried everything, and nothing worked. I Switched back to my Evo4G LTE and the moment i switched devices, the weather on the HTC ONE worked perfectly...

stevenmorgan

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same problem for about a week straight. The widget on my home screen displayed "my location" and when I tried to refresh it said "unable to contact location services to update current location." I called Verizon and after being on the phone with them for about a half hour they still couldn't fix the problem. Then I found this forum and as found the magic fix. As another user suggested the following solution: > Reboot with fast reboot option off (found in the power settings)

Thanks!

Dannala

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I tried everything I read here. Nothing worked except restarting the cell phone after clear all weather apps. Just clearing them did not work.:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet