News about 4.2 from a VERY reliable source

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
For obvious reasons, I can't give that source out, but I don't ever post about these things unless I am sure of the truth (I think I have posted about these things maybe once or twice before). However, these several individuals let me know that Android 4.2 for HTC One has already been submitted to carriers (before US launch) and is only undergoing carrier testing until it is pushed out to consumers.

So, for T-Mobile users, it shouldn't be too far away. If Verizon had it, probably 2014. hehehe....

It's up to the carriers and that is all the wait there is. Hopefully, performance will be as reliable with 4.2 as it is with 4.1, because I would rather stay with 4.1 and have the zero issues that I am having, rather than having 4.2 with lag, stutter, and unreliable software.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
For obvious reasons, I can't give that source out, but I don't ever post about these things unless I am sure of the truth (I think I have posted about these things maybe once or twice before). However, these several individuals let me know that Android 4.2 for HTC One has already been submitted to carriers (before US launch) and is only undergoing carrier testing until it is pushed out to consumers.

So, for T-Mobile users, it shouldn't be too far away. If Verizon had it, probably 2014. hehehe....

It's up to the carriers and that is all the wait there is. Hopefully, performance will be as reliable with 4.2 as it is with 4.1, because I would rather stay with 4.1 and have the zero issues that I am having, rather than having 4.2 with lag, stutter, and unreliable software.
I trust you.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I decided to trust HTC again after the Evo 3D fiasco I went through and so far this phone has been awesome except BT issues. This update better fix it or my trust will be lost again.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm not being sarcastic here but android 4.3 is in testing phase right now. The new N7 will debut with 4.3 most likely.

Posted via Android Central App using my Nexus 4

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I love android but what is it carriers and upgrades? Why can't Google control it like Apple? *not trying to start a fight. LOL

SHIFT_tapatalk 2 hTc One

Raptor

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I love android but what is it carriers and upgrades? Why can't Google control it like Apple? *not trying to start a fight. LOL

SHIFT_tapatalk 2 hTc One

Apple has enjoyed a leverage advantage since the iP1 and since the beginning Apple has been able to dictate the terms. It's hard to see how this continues given the rise of Android, but Apple still enjoys control over the whole game and is one of the reasons why they make the huge profit they make. As far as the carriers are concerned they control the game, with the single exception of Apple, and they're not going to bust there hump to improve the lives of the customers they already have locked in and would prefer to induce there customers to buy new phones and reset the 2-year clock back to zero.

Brian

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Well lets just hope they can get this out to us in a timely manner; and incoperate some of the fixes that the European models already received.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Apple has enjoyed a leverage advantage since the iP1 and since the beginning Apple has been able to dictate the terms. It's hard to see how this continues given the rise of Android, but Apple still enjoys control over the whole game and is one of the reasons why they make the huge profit they make. As far as the carriers are concerned they control the game, with the single exception of Apple, and they're not going to bust there hump to improve the lives of the customers they already have locked in and would prefer to induce there customers to buy new phones and reset the 2-year clock back to zero.

Brian

It happens because Apple is a single company and iPhone is still THE phone in the U.S. HTC doesn't have the clout or sales to bypass carriers, and Samsung doesn't care to mess with the whole issue, their time is better spent on other things. IMO.

ICEmayne

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

Will this update come with lock screen widgets?

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
My cousin's uncle's mother, who is also his sister, heard from the lady do cuts her hair who knows the guy who makes deliveries to Google who said he thought he heard something about them eating Jelly Bellies at work.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I hope your right but hope is all I can say since you can't reveal the source. May be trust worthy to you but I don't know who or where it's from :p.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.