Otterbox Commuter vs. Incipio DualPro

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else torn between these two cases? Did anyone narrow down their choice to these two and choose one over the other? And why?

Sent from my Touchpad Android

3Fletch

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Commuter and I really like it. I do wish the plastic part had a bit more grip but the fit is perfect and it looks well protected, hopefully I never find out just how well.

Blaalad12

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the dualpro shine and its great, looks better then the commuter imo and feels nice in hand, its not as bulky and the volume buttons work flawlessly despite being covered, Only downfall is the dualpro casing WILL scratch alot easier then a commuter

LonestarROB

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Purchased and used both. First things first, they are both great cases. Can't really go wrong with either. But for me, I prefer the Incipio more(I've only ever owned Otter box cases prior to the One). Just feels so much better in your hands. Nice rubber-ish feel. What I didn't like about the Otterbox was the very slick/slippery hard plastic on the back. That is the only real negative imho. Both are bulky, with the Incipio being ever so slightly smaller. The Incipio fit a bit more tight around the phone. I did like that the Otter box has covers for the ports(sans power button). That's a plus.

In the end, I returned the Otterbox because of the ever so slightly more bulk and how it felt in the hands. Both are great cases though.

Rob

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I wish I could see them in person without having to order both of them. I'm torn cuz I may be getting it with a One for my dad. He's coming from a Shift so the phone will already be big for him, which makes me lean towards the Incipio, but I like the idea of the port covers on the Otterbox since he's not always in the cleanest of conditions cuz of his work. Grip is something I had to get used to with my Otterbox so he may be able to get used to it as well, or he could just have the gripper Incipio. Aargh decisions decisions.

Posted via Android Central App

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've tried both (ended up going with a Double Dip) and I think the dualpro looks better but the commuter is more ergonomic. The power button is annoying to push in the dualpro.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power