Any thoughts on Apex launcher vs Nova?

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tried the new Apex (since I use the stock launcher), but I loved Nova on my Galaxy Note. I used Nova Prime and may switch back if I get tired of Sense 5. I'm so satisfied with Nova I'm not even interested in looking at Apex again.

mamartin89

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I love Nova launcher! I use the add on that allows me to have the unread count by my email and text messages.

I really liked sense 5, but I really like how nova allows you to increase the grid size of your home screens. It also has more home screens allowed.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe that more people don't use adw.ex launcher. Couple bucks but so worth it

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
They all look/work similar right because TBH I only went with Nova Launcher Prime since it was in number two in Google's top paid apps. LOL

I lost track how much I praised and recommended it.

SHIFT_tapatalk 2 s4 SGH-I377M

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
They all look/work similar right because TBH I only went with Nova Launcher Prime since it was in number two in Google's top paid apps. LOL

I lost track how much I praised and recommended it.

SHIFT_tapatalk 2 s4 SGH-I377M

I think they all pretty much do the same thing (apex/nova/adw). You may find small difference in what you can do with one or the other. If you can't do something with one, try another.

I use ADWex because the last time I was setting up my phone before getting the one it was the only one that let me customize folder icons. Since then I believe the other 2 do this as well.

There are also a couple others I see people talking about a lot but I haven't tried them Buzz and Lightning.

Lance Lee1

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I tried ADW and it was slow on my nexus 10 compared to both stock apex and nova. Apex has gestures and Nova has overlapping widgets. Decide which is the one you need more. I have not decided yet though.

TylerLucas

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I tried ADW and it was slow on my nexus 10 compared to both stock apex and nova. Apex has gestures and Nova has overlapping widgets. Decide which is the one you need more. I have not decided yet though.

Nova has gestures too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've tried the apex, nova, and Next launchers but kept returning to Go Prime. ...seems feature rich and not any heavier than any of the others (besides Next). However, Go doesn't seem very popular around here. Why is that?

Not rooted, Stock rom, just Awesome (NSA)

andriver

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I've tried the apex, nova, and Next launchers but kept returning to Go Prime. ...seems feature rich and not any heavier than any of the others (besides Next). However, Go doesn't seem very popular around here. Why is that?

Not rooted, Stock rom, just Awesome (NSA)

I have Prime but rarely use it. Go was good a few years ago until it became bloated and slow.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Do most people use Launchers? It seems like it. I would like to change the icons on my dock but I like Sense 5...

Sense lags quite a bit compared to apex and nova though. If it had horizontal scrolling and no blinkfeed i wouldn't mind it so much.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol