text message notification volume

theghetto

May 6, 2013
Visit site
couple questions...

First the notification sound I get when I receive a text message is not the notification sound I selected in the sound settings. Not sure why that is?

Also, can you have a quieter text message volume but keeping the ringer high? I want to hear my phone at work, but don't need to be blasted with a text message notification ever time I recieve one.

Ken CleanAir System

May 2, 2013
Visit site
The text message notification sound is set within the messages app. You will need to open the messages app, open the options menu at the top right hand corner, choose 'Settings', then 'Notifications', and finally 'Notification Sound' where you will then be able to pick your notification sound for SMS/MMS messages.

Can't help with the volume unfortunately. As far as I can tell, the ringtone and notification volumes are linked and cannot be adjusted separately.

theghetto

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much for that, was driving me crazy. coming from iphone, I have to get used to looking in each apps settings to configure them. So far this thing is awesome in every way.

Ken CleanAir System

May 2, 2013
Visit site
No problem, I'm a long time iPhone user as well and learning the ins and outs of Android and Sense 5 as I go. My last phone that was anything other than an iPhone was the HTC 3125 (Star Trek phone) actually, lol.
3125-g5j-800.jpg

So far I am loving the One and Android. I can't see myself going back to iOS anytime soon, and I've only had my One for a little over a week.

Lisa Duffy

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone else have the issue where you only get the vibration notification when you get a text on the HTC one mine very occasionally uses the tone but very intermittently. i have been in all the settings and as far as i can tell everything is set right?

MoClvland

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have the issue where you only get the vibration notification when you get a text on the HTC one mine very occasionally uses the tone but very intermittently. i have been in all the settings and as far as i can tell everything is set right?

Im having the same problem. did you ever find a fix?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC