So far so good but....

Bowlis78

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello everybody im really thankful with all u guys with your tips, problems,etc.

I just recently purchased my htc one and i have to say its the best design ever on a phone...such a piece of art.

Everything goes speedy and no lag at all.But i have 2 concerns...

1.- Ive been using for about 5 hrs and when i started a 5 min chat convesartion startst getting really hot, i think like all u said the metalic part is involved.

2.-The notification led...sometime works sometimes not...i dont know whats happening, any solution or alternative app?

Thanks in advance...im not regreting getting the one and not the s4???? Its a beauty :-*

Tiago Silva

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok, i can live with that. My HTC HD2 used to get hot also. It's normal for this phones to get hot. Especially if they are metalic.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Download GSAM battery monitor or something to monitor temperature. The metal allows the heat to dissipate from the battery. Usually phones are around the same temperature, but you'll notice it will on metal because they are good conductors.

charlee08

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
All phones get hot when there is heavy use, but it usually goes unnoticed because the phone is made of plastic. Since the One is made of metal it absorbs more heat than the plastic phones.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
As said before, it's more or less normal for phones like this to become hot during use, especially when made of metal. However, it's important to note that if it becomes uncomfortably hot while not in use (and not charging) or after very little use and screen on time, there may be an issue. Especially so if you notice abnormally high battery drain at the same time.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Since no one is chiming in on the notification light not working (all the time)....

Exchange it for a new one. There's no reason for you, or anyone, to have to tinker to get something working when it should work out of the box.

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Also, I would suggest turning off NFC IF if your not using it. My wife was telling me that the phone was getting very hot and I then checked NFC. It is on by default. Turn it off and you should see a difference.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463