Any Idea Why MMS Messages Sometimes Come Through Like This?

dotB

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Messaging App is not that great, I got sick of that too so I just moved to the Facebook Messenger app to manage my sms/mms and it works great. Handcent and Go SMS Pro are great too. Just crappy icons :p

djshackman

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Ah. Have tried it without Chomp installed, or with it configured to not receive the messages (if that's an option--it's been a while since I've used a 3rd party client).

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

djshackman

May 2, 2013
Visit site
This seems to definitely be an HTC issue, not a Sprint issue. When I send screenshots (well under the 2 MB limit originally), they shrink down to 39 KB 360x640 crap images. As a test, I sent myself the same screenshot using the Facebook Messenger app to handle SMS/MMS, and the received image looked FINE. Thus, it seems to be an issue with the built-in SMS app itself. I also contacted HTC about it....

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This seems to definitely be an HTC issue, not a Sprint issue. When I send screenshots (well under the 2 MB limit originally), they shrink down to 39 KB 360x640 crap images. As a test, I sent myself the same screenshot using the Facebook Messenger app to handle SMS/MMS, and the received image looked FINE. Thus, it seems to be an issue with the built-in SMS app itself. I also contacted HTC about it....

With ChompSMS you can set the limit and it helps.. My images look fine but if people add text it turns into a slideshow like the OP.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Forgot screenshot for above post.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368212417424.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368212417424.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 56

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
The HTC stock messaging app has been whacked like that for a long time. The first picture you attach is compressed and resized. Subsequent pics attached to the same message are not. I don't send pics enough to merit installing a third party app so I normally just attach a random photo, then the one I want to send is attached second, then the first attachment is deleted. The second (and now only) picture retains it's normal properties, no compression. The one caveat to that is that I've tried to attach the same picture twice in one message. It works as stated above but when I delete the first, the second one is compressed and resized. I was hoping they would address it before this baby came out, since it was going on with my EVO last year as well. Alas, I will continue to wait and be annoyed.

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the advice and suggestions. It seems to be a problem with ChompSMS. I uninstalled it and installed Go SMS Pro, but now I seem to have a dock icon on my lockscreen that refers to an app that does not exist.

screeny.jpg