No idea why this started, but this morning my screen will not stay off. Every few seconds it lights up for 10 seconds or so. It's completely frustrating. I've uninstalled every app I can think of that would have anything to do with custom notifications, screen lighting or the lockscreen with no success. Any advice?

Between this and the phantom mail alert sound I can't kill I'm about to reset it factory defaults and set it up one app at a time to ensure I get it right.
    05-10-2013 08:22 AM
    No idea why this started, but this morning my screen will not stay off. Every few seconds it lights up for 10 seconds or so. It's completely frustrating. I've uninstalled every app I can think of that would have anything to do with custom notifications, screen lighting or the lockscreen with no success. Any advice?

Between this and the phantom mail alert sound I can't kill I'm about to reset it factory defaults and set it up one app at a time to ensure I get it right.
    You didn't say so, adrian, but I am assuming you HAVE restarted the phone? Plus, make sure you turn off the "quick shut down/restart" option; I've heard that doesn't reset things the way a true restart will. Good luck!
    adriandb likes this.
    05-10-2013 08:27 AM
    Thanks. I tried that, didn't help.
    05-10-2013 08:42 AM
    I had the same issue and someone recommended the Wake lock Detector app. It worked like a charm. It shows what apps are causing the screen to light and then I was able to adjust the settings.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums
    05-10-2013 09:05 AM
    I had the same issue and someone recommended the Wake lock Detector app. It worked like a charm. It shows what apps are causing the screen to light and then I was able to adjust the settings.

Awesome! Trying it out now.
    05-10-2013 09:43 AM
    Aaaaaaaaaand just like that, the issue goes away. Maybe installing Wake Lock Detector fixed it

I'm still resetting this thing. Now that I actually know how to use Android I'll set it up a bit differently.
    MariaLC likes this.
    05-10-2013 10:07 AM
    The TV app makes the phone wake up when it detects movement when it is on. It can be a little disconcerting.
    05-10-2013 10:18 AM
    Aaaaaaaaaand just like that, the issue goes away. Maybe installing Wake Lock Detector fixed it

I'm still resetting this thing. Now that I actually know how to use Android I'll set it up a bit differently.
    Yeah, even criminals will behave when they're being watched!
    adriandb likes this.
    05-10-2013 11:14 AM
    I was having the same experience where my phone would keep lighting up to the lock screen for no reason. Deleting the brighthouse TV app stopped this. I at first thought it might be mal ware or a virus however in the app info it states it will stop the phone from being in sleep mode. Therefore if you are having issues with your phone lighting up for no reason check your installed apps for anything that will stop your phone from staying in sleep mode.
    01-27-2014 01:41 AM
    I had the same thing and I found the Noom 2 app does this to my phone and my wife's samsung note 2 upon removing it doesn't happen anymore
    03-15-2014 06:22 PM
    I'm having the same issue. Haven't figured it out yet. I fear that it will decrease battery life.

But mine is a moto g4+
    08-30-2016 09:02 AM

I have a lg v20 and it's doing the same thing. Very annoying. Someone suggested checking apps that might make the phone wakeup. I installed an app called Duo and that one was the culprit. It wouldn't let me select no so uninstalled. Been plugged up for about 5 minutes and it hasn't lit up at all!
    10-30-2017 12:59 PM
    I have a lg v20 and it's doing the same thing. Very annoying. Degs3232 suggested checking apps that might make the phone wake up. I installed an app called Duo and that one was the culprit. It wouldn't let me select no so uninstalled. Been plugged up for about 5 minutes and it hasn't lit up at all! Thanks, Deggs3232!
    10-30-2017 01:00 PM