What car mount do you use?

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the Official HTC car dock and the iBolt dock. They both work very well as long as you are using HTC's Car app. If you are using a third party car dock app like "Car home Ultra" then the app will not auto launch when you put your phone into the dock. Does not even give you the choice to choose a default app to launch. This is something that HTC has changed in sense or it is a bug.

Amazon.com: HTC One Car Kit - Car D160: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: iBOLT xProDock Kit for HTC: Cell Phones & Accessories

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
There's only one really good one, and that's ProClip.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I have the Official HTC car dock and the iBolt dock. They both work very well as long as you are using HTC's Car app. If you are using a third party car dock app like "Car home Ultra" then the app will not auto launch when you put your phone into the dock. Does not even give you the choice to choose a default app to launch. This is something that HTC has changed in sense or it is a bug.

Amazon.com: iBOLT xProDock Kit for HTC: Cell Phones & Accessories

I am on AT&T and they have hidden the stock HTC app and added their own. Is there a way of un-hiding the app??

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You can unhide it with an app launcher or a different home launcher.

you can use the app quick shortcuts to make a shortcut to it on your home screen if you don't want to use a third party launcher. Unfortunately, it will remain hidden in the app drawer but at least you can get to it from your home screens.

Tbayrgs

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I previously used this one for both a Nexus 4 and iPhone 5 and am now using it with my One. They're not kidding about the super strong suction--strongest I've ever used, actually takes some serious effort to remove it from the windshield.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Windshield, Vent. Didn't work for me, loose & unsecured.

Not only Mountek is the best & secured but being a CD mount the position is perfect reach and viewing angle.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
This is the one I'm using too... It works surprisingly well, but it very much depends on where the cd player is in your car as to how well it'll work.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

WAXACE

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I use the official HTC ONE car dock and it is great. Strong, stable and built well. Unit slides in and connects good.

htc-car-accessories-slide-02.png

aquatichedgehog

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I just got the official HTC car dock yesterday, and it's actually really nice. I have a Proclips base unit mounted to the center vent and the HTC dock mounted to that via sticky disk. Base in that location puts the phone in great position, and the HTC dock seems great so far. Nearly infinitely adjustable withing a given range (two articulating ball joints), and allows landscape orientation of the phone, which a lot of docks don't do. All in all, very happy with it so far.

chuckh0308

Apr 3, 2011
www.welcomehomeseattle.com
I am a huge fan of the ProClip base mounts and the SlipGrip Welcome to SlipGripCarMounts - Innovation in Progress attached to it. I've been using this setup for several years with a couple different cars and devices. the reason I like the SlipGrip is because it holds the phone securely, but is also easy to insert and remove. Also, they make versions for a number of different case options, or naked. And if they don't have one for the case you are using, they probably will soon. This is the setup for my Note 2 and made to fit the Seidio Active case. Sorry, I have not taken a photo yet with the phone mounted.

Attachments

• 20130228_200857.jpg
    20130228_200857.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 20130301_011446.jpg
    20130301_011446.jpg
    445.8 KB · Views: 39

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member