Best buy purchase experience

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one who cringes when buying a phone from Best Buy and they have to open it up and what not to activate it and do a test call. I know.. I'm super OCD but I can't stand watching someone manhandle my beautiful new device before I can.

Omg and now the girl literally just wiped the phones screen with her shirt.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

int_architect

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one who cringes when buying a phone from Best Buy and they have to open it up and what not to activate it and do a test call. I know.. I'm super OCD but I can't stand watching someone manhandle my beautiful new device before I can.

Haha. Hilarious! I'm thrilled same way.

via Android Central App

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Trust me, I totally get that. But we rather make sure everything is working well before customers leave the store. Just tell them you want to leave out sealed and you can open it up yourself. My store never has a problem with that.

Sent from my HTC One

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
It's not OCD. It's a bit anal, though. Personally, I don't have a problem with a salesperson handling my phone before I do. The doctor and nurse both handled my son before I did when he was born, but he still bonded with me. Your phone will do the same. :)

sel1965

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I got a new HTC One for my wife and before they took it out of the plastic bag it was in I asked it I could do it and they let me finish the activation process.

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Dang they would not let me leave the store without them handling it. I do understand that they are just doing their jobs and making sure everything is ok before I leave though

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy tag line for mobile is 'walk out working'. I think they feel obligated to make sure it all works before you leave. I bought a phone at a sprint store some years back and didn't have them check to make sure it worked, and of course it didn't. Over an hour on the phone with CS. Now I don't mind when they do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yea they can't tell if you are a newbie or a pro. So they want to make sure you are good to go. Also, its good to at least make sure the network works before you leave anyway.

Posted via Android Central App

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Look on the bright side, it gives you a chance to check for dead pixels or speaker grille unevenness...

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
It is a very good thing that they check that it works for you. Also, it is a requirement of carriers to turn on the device in order to prevent fraud. If the device is never turned on, carriers often state that people will say that "they never signed the contract or got a new phone" and the proof is that the phone had never been used at all. So someone walks away with a free phone.

It is good for you because you make sure that you walk out of the store with a phone that you know is working and it is good for carriers to prevent fraud. Win win.

Posted via Android Central App

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

haha! that's literally why i ordered mine online because, if they had to touch it, i wouldn't have to see them doing it! whenever i get a phone, the first thing i do is apply the screen protector that i've ordered beforehand. OCD to the extreme!!!!