Day 1 and I am in love

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Just got my phone today. Has maybe been 5 hours and I am very pleased. Coming from the S3, I was so torn b/w the One and S4. I don't think I have ever had such a hard decision involving electronics before lol. But I am confident to say I made the right decision though. Ideally I would love to have both devices or maybe the two devices combined somehow, but that is not possible.

I just adorethe "build quality" and feel. This thing is so damn sexy and I have already gotten 2 compliments on it. I have lots of love for samsung but lord knows I was getting tired of owning creaky plastic devices that could never measure up to the look of the iphones. They plastic is not all that bad and the S4 actually feels good and solid, but you just can't beat the look and feel of the aluminum body. I did not ever care for having insane storage capacity or a removable battery, so I was glad to sacrifice those things to have a unibody construction. Also got to love the front facing speakers. I do not necessarily watch movies and what not on my phone. And when I am consuming media I have headphones in..but It is very convenient for speaker phone. Plus at night I do not have to put my screen face down at night to make my alarm is not muffled in the morning.

The software is good enough. I eventually use custom launchers and custom ROMS anyway so it is not a big deal for me. I do miss some of the customization and 'conversation piece' features of touchwiz, but I will live. I do think the Zoe feature is pretty cool though. I also love the TV remote capabilities. I did not really think much of it, but after trying it out I am a huge fan. Might use this to try and hijack the TV from my friends or in sports bars lol.

I am no camera expert so I do not know what a good picture looks like by definition. But I am satisfied. I love the low light performance. I thought that the S4 might have taken better pictures in other conditions, but I guess that is the trade off.

Only complaints I really have so far is the menu button issue. Can't fault HTC though.. Seems they are actually following Google guidelines and some apps just won't catch up for whatever reason.
Also do not like the power button placement and how flush it is with the device. Makes it tough to turn on. Samsung definitely has the edge with the side button combined with being able to turn the screen on with the home button. Samsung's hand wave over the prox sensor is cool too.

I am very impressed with HTC for bringing their A game this time around. Can't even imagine what next year will have to offer for these two heavyweights. If you are having a tough time deciding I suggest getting ample playtime with both phones to see which is right for you !

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am a S3 user as well and I want the HTC One... I hope to have it soon. Just got a house so busy with that.. Then phone :).

Glad you enjoy yours though!

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.