HTC One turned itself off - won't turn back on again?!! Help!!

Natasha Sharry

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: HTC one X turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

need help with my HTC one x.. It just turned it self off for the first time and it wont turn back on... Piub it in to charge it the lcd light don't come on either...

Josh Cornthwaite

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

this has happened to me twice...
-no LED
-not charging in any charger
-holding power doesnt work
-holding power and volume up doesnt work

I found that if i plug it into a computer that has the drivers for the phone installed (the htc one sync manager) it seems to start working again... (i get the LED and i can turn it on)

Last edited:

GRobbo1991

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: HTC one turned itself off - won't turn back on again?!! Help!!

Hello, My HTC one has a crack in the screen, but the phone was working fine untill it ran out of battery, now it wont charge but then after it being off for about a week it suddenly came on when i pressed the power button for about 20 seconds, but now its gone off again and despite being on charge for days and trying everything mentioned in the comments i think its died. :( Warranty has just ran out and i have no insurance. Any other tips on anything i can try. Think i just need a new battery but i cant fit it myself really so have to take it to a shop.

Guru Karthik

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I am facing the exact problem and I am gonna send it for a repair/replacement. I want to know what happens/happened to your phone data(messages, photos, contacts etc) ? I don't have a backup. Is there an option to do a backup when the phone is shut down ?

Thanks

requiem3

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

I'm in a very similar predicament from many of you, if anyone can help me turn on my phone and salvage the last 5 months of videos/photos that I haven't backed up you would be a godsend to me.

This morning my phone was downloading the software update, and in the middle of it it suddenly turned off. I tried turning it back on and it went to the AT&T screen and then turned off again after a while.

Now the phone won't turn on, won't charge, the LED light doesn't turn on.
When I plug it into my PC, in the device manager it detects the phone and says QHSUSB_DLOAD

I've tried many combinations of resetting the device.

Held volume up and down buttons with power button for 2 minutes with device plugged in.
Held volume up and down buttons with power button for 2 minutes with device plugged in while holding the light sensors next to a very bright light.
Plugged it into the computer and held volume up and down buttons with power button for 2 minutes

I'm getting very desperate for any hope, I don't mind replacing the device but I really want to salvage the data collected on there.
If anyone can provide any assistance or advice to me I would be so grateful. Thank you.

Last edited:

Johann Pascual

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Well, this happened to me this morning. I'm using CyanogenMod 10.2 for a few months now without a problem... until now. If this happened before, it would have happened so long ago that I already forgot that it ever happened. I already had this phone for more than 11 months now. I woke up and my alarm didn't go off and the phone wouldn't turn on. I plugged it in for about 15 mins and still nothing. So I held the power button and volume down for about 15secs and it went to recovery. Whew. It works fine now... hopefully.

Looking at the battery usage chart, it turned off sometime in the middle of the night for a few hours until I woke up. I have no idea why.

Screenshot_2014-04-23-09-28-18.jpg

Mhamad Belal

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
i have the same problem with my HTC SENSATION XL
tried almost everything , holding power with volume up and down for 2 mins and everything else including facing the phone
to a bright light but it won't turn on ..
the computer is detecting something when i connect the phone , please help

Shannon F

May 7, 2014
Visit site
How long are you folks holding it 'to the light'? I'm so frustrated. Phone was working fine last night no problem, put it on the charger as I usually do at night and it wouldn't turn on. I've tried several of the suggestions, even tried different chargers to make sure they were working...so far nothing has worked. Irritating.:-\

shevene

May 8, 2014
Visit site
my htc wont turn on and the volume bottom is not working well am it onlly vibrate 8 times a dnt knw what to do can you help me plz
:':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::-[:-[:-[:-[:-[:-[:-[:-[:-[:-[:-[:-[:-[

asma habibi

May 8, 2014
Visit site
my HTC turned itself off -but it won't turn back on again

i had my HTC for a long time but i just started to use it again two months ago and this morning it shut down and it wont turn on. what should i do? i tried hold both the volume and power button at the same time and put it to charge but nothing happen. can some one help me?:':)':)':)':)':)':)eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::-\:-\:-\:-\:-\:confused::confused:

julietlouise2

May 17, 2014
Visit site

Don't worry i have the same issue and it's really annoying the hell out of me, it cut out last night for no reason at all..... i downloaded gifboom on my phone and it completely had a hissy fit, i've taken the battery out of it, i've taken the sim out of it, i've left it sitting on my floor all night, i turned it on this morning and it is still doing the same thing..... i swear im going to smash it!!!!

Last edited:

flower2424

May 26, 2014
Visit site

this happened to me to it was on 1% then died and will not turn back on its like the charger doesnt work the phones for you company said i need to take it in to get a new one but why all of a sudden it just shut off had it more than 6 months thought htc was good.
had nokia lumia before n this did the same aswell.

M3LLYW

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
My phone cut itself off, and will not come back on as well, I have tried the charging thing, and the power and volume up button, not only does this not work, but the phone seems to be getting hotter and hotter, however when it is on the charger the LED is on and my notification sound is going off... help please. The phone is not rooted and I don't know what to do!!!!!

Thanks

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
My phone cut itself off, and will not come back on as well, I have tried the charging thing, and the power and volume up button, not only does this not work, but the phone seems to be getting hotter and hotter, however when it is on the charger the LED is on and my notification sound is going off... help please. The phone is not rooted and I don't know what to do!!!!!

Thanks

I'm not an expert but I think your battery has gone bad. You'll probably want to contact HTC to get another phone or get yours fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kara Boyd

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem with my HTC one m7 phone I put it on the charger last sunday night note the battery was not eve all the way dead... and my alarm did not go off thought it was weird left it on the charger until I got myself and the kids in the car still would not turn on. finally my husband got it to turn back on I was like great problem solved. which was not really the case went shopping on sat and I let my kids play games on my phone well it died okay no big deal. we yes i t was it has been dead since sat I can not get it to boot not all it does when I plug it into the charger is show the battery like its charging but the light flashes red. also the computer does not even see my phone. it will pick it up but does not recognize it. so I took it to sprint and they told me that it was bricked. I tried to see if HTC would sent me a new one. all the want to send me is a refurbished one. and at this point I am getting really irritated . so my question for you is are they sending you are brand new one? or did they tell you that you might get a refurbished one? :mad:

niallers_potato1369

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site

i tried this, its also been plugged into the wall for 3 days now and i try this 2 times everyday, 8 hours apart, and it still wont turn on:(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc