HTC One turned itself off - won't turn back on again?!! Help!!

alvin319

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

Try holding the power button and the volume up at the same time for at least 10sec.

Posted via Android Central App

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

Tried connecting it to a power source etc - but nothing. Wtf?!

The SAME exact thing happened to me this morning. If hold the power button and volume button the phone vibrates and does nothing.

When plugging it in to charge the LED does not even turn on.

iphonedefecter

May 2, 2013
Visit site

The SAME exact thing happened to me this morning. If hold the power button and volume button the phone vibrates and does nothing.

When plugging it in to charge the LED does not even turn on.

I called HTC who advised the reboot thing - did nothing - they admitted it might be a "software issue", getting sent a replacement by Monday by the company I ordered it from. Pretty **** tbh.

Last edited:

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

I called HTC who advised the reboot thing - did nothing - they admitted it might be a "software issue", getting sent a replacement by Monday by the company I ordered it from. Pretty **** tbh.

I kept.holding down the power button and after 8 seconds the phone would vibrate and do nothing else. After awhile it stopped.vibrating after that duration, and when I plugged it in and it started charging. I was able to turn it on and it's working perfectly. The battery was drained about 30%

iphonedefecter

May 2, 2013
Visit site

I kept.holding down the power button and after 8 seconds the phone would vibrate and do nothing else. After awhile it stopped.vibrating after that duration, and when I plugged it in and it started charging. I was able to turn it on and it's working perfectly. The battery was drained about 30%

I've tried all this - phone was fully charged when it went kapoot. I've tried every combination of trying to reboot - nothing.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

done. Should be here on Monday.
Did you demand that they make the screen flush and ensure that there will be no other build quality issues? If I were you, I would have gotten angry and demanded nothing but perfection. These companies are here to serve us, you should expect nothing less than the best from them when you're paying for a product.

iphonedefecter

May 2, 2013
Visit site

Did you demand that they make the screen flush and ensure that there will be no other build quality issues? If I were you, I would have gotten angry and demanded nothing but perfection. These companies are here to serve us, you should expect nothing less than the best from them when you're paying for a product.

I spent the good part of an hour on the phone to my provider who couldn't replace a phone in store because I bought it online :-/ I've got to do a swap where I give them the brick for a new one. I hope it's not typical of a HTC Android experience as I really like the phone.

littlekitty9

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

Thanks so much alvin319 !! I LOVE YOU!! Had the same problem with my phone...and did what you said...it worked!!!! You ROCK!

fibaby

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

Mine just did the same thing. I had success with the on button and volume... after 15 seconds. Bit of a worry!

Is HTC doing something about this... IS there a software update to fix this?

Caomh Mac Tire

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

I had this exact thing happen to me about 15 minutes ago. I held the power and volume button at the same time for 2 minutes then let go. I then tried to turn it back on and had no problems just had to keep it plugged it and charging. I had a fully charged battery when it suddenly turned off and after holding both buttons, when I turned it on it was at 1% so I have left it charging. Good luck anyone with this problem.

Harangad Chaudhary

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

My phone turned off yesterday and I've tried every permutation and combination mentioned here and elsewhere. Anyone having the same problems ?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

No problems here. What happens when you connect it to a pc?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site

I spent the good part of an hour on the phone to my provider who couldn't replace a phone in store because I bought it online :-/ I've got to do a swap where I give them the brick for a new one. I hope it's not typical of a HTC Android experience as I really like the phone.

It's not. You'll get a good second one. Unless you've otherwise ruined your personal karma.

Harangad Chaudhary

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

Nothing. I just get that certain sound which windows makes when you connect a usb device but nothing else. The device isn't charging itself also.

dcmsu125

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

I posted a similar question in the 'bug thread' awhile back. I had the same issue, Sprint ended up having to give me a new one. Looks like I'm not the only one....

Harangad Chaudhary

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site

Just turned my phone into htc. They'll be replacing the motherboard they say. I hope they give me back it in the pristine condition in which I gave for repairs. :/

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

Usually it happens to S3 and S4,it's only the 2nd time over a year I see an HTC device dying like that,the other one was a One X developer edition (beta).
I never had hardware problems with HTC phones since the Nexus 1,though perhaps the stabilizer of the camera on the One is broken this time for me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante