HTC One turned itself off - won't turn back on again?!! Help!!

EPQL Auditors

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

My htc turned itself off due to battery drain so kept it on charge overnight but it is still not turning on...it is not even getting connected to the laptop...can anyone help?? i have tried all cases of hard reset but still it isnt working

Drakot

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

I Had the same problem, I called HTC and they told me to plug it in a wall outlet and hold the Power button,Volume up,and Volume down button for two minutes.
Phone turned right on. I asked why did this happen and apparently if you leave the phone plugged in longer than 3 hours it shuts itself off.
Safety feature to prevent it over heating .
Hope this helps anyone who has the same problem.

Holding power button and volume up and down managed to boot my device.

Thank you man!

Ashish Pathak1

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

how long does it take to turn it back on after connecting the charger? i have the same problem.

pivo6

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

I didn't realize that this has happened to this many people. I held the power button and up volume for about 20 seconds and it worked. Thanks for the thread.

Ismael Tanudtanud

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

My Phone Htc desire was chared Daily for Two years, it never had aProblem, until this october,
it was playing music till dawn until battery is low and phone shut down in automatic,
this routine is continous since it was bought, I charged it, No Light, Wont Turn On, but Bateery nis Alive!
:-[
!

Lucia1308

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

My HTC ONE doenst turn on, the red light keeps blinking all the time. When I press the turn on/off bottom and the volume one I get the message that the SD is failled and that the usb master is failed. When I press fastboot I get a list of hboot, reboot, reboot b... and power off. Nothing seems to help. If I reset the factory setings will this afect my data. In case I have to get a new phone, is it possible to get my pictures back? I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME! Thanks

RebeccaCool

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Holding power button and volume up and down managed to boot my device.

Thank you man!

My HTC ONE doenst turn on, the red light keeps blinking all the time. When I press the turn on/off bottom and the volume one I get the message that the SD is failled and that the usb master is failed. When I press fastboot I get a list of hboot, reboot, reboot b... and power off. Nothing seems to help. If I reset the factory setings will this afect my data. In case I have to get a new phone, is it possible to get my pictures back? I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME! Thanks

Read previous posts they tell you how to reboot.

Sent from my AT&T HTC One

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeeshan Afzal2

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

Hi guys, I need your help with my HTC One. I tried to do software update to kitkat almost 12 hours from now. It was successfully installed and it decided to restart itself. It was only then and now, my phone didn't switch on again. My worry is not the phone but pictures, videos, music which I have been collating for the past many years would go. Can anyone help me get my phone start again or tell me a way to retrieve my stuff from my phone and back it up. Many thanks

Zeeshan Afzal2

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

Hi Rebecca, you seems to be having a same issue as I am. I did do factory reset and even that didn't start my phone again. Let me know please, If you have managed to revive the phone and got your data back because that's what I need. I don't want to lose all my data. Thanks

RebeccaCool

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

Hi Rebecca, you seems to be having a same issue as I am. I did do factory reset and even that didn't start my phone again. Let me know please, If you have managed to revive the phone and got your data back because that's what I need. I don't want to lose all my data. Thanks

I'm not having problems, I was just letting the other poster to read this thread from the beginning. Other posters had issues and resolved them. I wish I could help more.

Sent from my AT&T HTC One

Zeeshan Afzal2

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the clarification . Its almost 24 hours and I have been around places today, made several calls and called HTC up direct too to get my phone fixed. Looks like, it was a bad move from me to update the software, before this everything was perfectly fine and now, not only my phone is not working but I will lose all my data too.

HTC Trouble

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site

My HTC one went dead.... no charging light ... was try hit volume up and power button but noting happen.... volume down and power button but nothing happen...., my computer sees it like Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM19).
the phone has big scratch on screen but the scratch had been from three months,
I read in internet, that was happen many people, so that is not cause the broken screen.
how I can repair the system?

modern mom

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

I am disappointed with this phone. I've had it less than 3 months and this is the second time it's
crashed. The first time I took it into Best Buy and they showed me how to reset and charge it,
the battery was dead. This time the battery was charged and it's not resetting!
There are no outstanding features on this phone to make it worth recommending and now that's it's crashed again,
I wish I hadn't bought it. Bummer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37