HTC One turned itself off - won't turn back on again?!! Help!!

Bondugenz

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: HTC one turned itself off - wont turn back on again?!! Help!!

Try holding the power button and the volume up at the same time for at least 10sec.

Posted via Android Central App

I followed as per your suggestion and it did work find. but why both to pressed any connection or just a default.

Raymond Ekwamu

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
my htc turned its self off connected it to pwer and tried turning on again but failed to open
it took it to the technician but failed to bring it back to use and could not even give me any explanation why. what could be the problem with my HTC (HTC one x)

LisaGainesBrook

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
To turn on the device, follow these steps:

Plug device into the HTC wall charger that came with the device.
Note: Do not use a computer to charge the device; this does not provide enough amps to ensure the battery will fully charge.
Charge the device until the LED glows solid. (This can take up to 20 minutes.)
While still on the charger, press and hold the Power key for 15 seconds.
If the issue persists, press and hold Power, Volume up and Volume down keys for 1 - 5 minutes. This process will recalibrate the battery, and allow you to power on the device.

qussai migdadi

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
i have the same problem
i purchased my htc one x from hong kong take it to jordan first it reboots randomly after that it stop rebooting but unfortunately wouldn't turn on any more although the battery was almost 60%.

twisteddiana

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the help. My phone did this this morning for the first time, I've had it for one year. After it booted, it said "Android is Upgrading, please wait", it took about 15 seconds and then the system worked just like before. It had 78% battery so ... there must have been something else that forced it to shut down. Is there any way I can have a look at some log history of some kind?

vishal410

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi... Writing in bold so it is difficult to miss.
I had this problem since last week. Was out on tour and the phone just dont start. I could start it few times with the volume +power button but it does not solve the problem

i observed that whenever i keep the phone in my back pocket the phone switches off. Otherwise it works as normal.

It got switched off again and i could not inforn my next meetings that i will be delayed or my whereabouts. I tried everything from different button options for different duration to charging options at different voltage and ameres even slapping the phone.

Then i recollect that whenever i could get it to start it was as if it was switches off... And after starting it showed good amount of battery charge. That only means that the battery power disconnects when i keep it in the pocket... We have to get the power points in line once again...

So i put my phone on charging and (twist) the phone and walllah i see the led turning from bright orange to red.... I let it charge for two minutes and then switch it on...

This btw worked only once and i dont wish it goes off again. If it does, i will try the same thing and let you know..

Thenks...:)

Dan Huff

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
I just had this problem , I plugged my phone into my laptop with the USB and it sinc every thing automaticall and then it let me charge it. Now it works fine. Before it just went dead it wouldnt charge or come on. It went dead right after I saw it at 100% charge

Hanouf Alothman

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
This happened to me and i left it charging for 1 day and tried the next morning to turn it on but did not work but when i took the memory card it turned on directly.. So try taking ur memory card out hope that work with you

immii_esha

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Did you get any updates recently? I have been experiencing numerous bugs AND random shutdowns from my HTC One only after installing the update that I am assuming is lollipop 5.0 (?)

I have a feeling there are some incompatibility issues

blair771999

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site

My phone turned off yesterday and I've tried every permutation and combination mentioned here and elsewhere. Anyone having the same problems ?

I know this thread is old.My HTC One M7 just died yesterday after freezing up. For those that had HTC repair what was the cost when it was the motherboard? Thanks.

claireabel

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
hey there, yes I was hoping someone could review this thread as I am having a problem too :(

Please can someone help me?

I have had my htc one x for 2 and a half years now. I have had problems from the outset: permanent mark on the screen, restarting at will, parts of screen unresponsive intermittently, helicoptering etc. finally just before the warranty ran out I had it fixed and everything was fine for a couple of months then the screen became unresponsive at times again which got worse, it starting restarting at will again and then finally yesterday it was working fine and I was looking at pics, I put it in my pocket and then heard an alert for a txt message, I looked at my phone but the screen wouldn't come on, only the 3 buttons at the bottom lit up. I tried all sort of things such as holding all the buttons down, and various combinations to which it just buzzed but still wouldn't turn on or restart and the phone just kept getting hotter and hotter. Eventually it beeped to say the battery was low (it was 3/4 when this started only 10 mins before) since it went off it now wont recharge or do anything its just a brick! I spoke to htc who said that I need to pay as its out of warranty even though it's the same problems I was having before that they should have fixed. The main thing is that I want the pictures and numbers etc off it but it wont connect to pc when its switched off. I was thinking it might be the battery at fault? Please can someone help, I'm sure there is something that can be done :(

Ashish Jha 79

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

My phone was at about 94% battery and I was charging it. Then I restart the phone... but phone went dead.... no charging light ... was try hit volume up and power button but noting happen.... volume down and power button but nothing happen....
My Phone Model is HTC desire U and its android is 4.0.3 and not rooted

please reply

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670