Would a blocked htc one work outside the US?

rober7o

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a brother who found an htc one, however it has been blocked by the carrier since I'm guessing it was already reported as lost. This htc one is a very pretty paperweight for him but since I live outside the US I think I can put it to good use :D, does anybody know if this is possible?

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I have a brother who found an htc one, however it has been blocked by the carrier since I'm guessing it was already reported as lost. This htc one is a very pretty paperweight for him but since I live outside the US I think I can put it to good use :D, does anybody know if this is possible?

Why not call the owner of the phone (number is in the settings) and let him/her know that you have found the phone, if it was a "LOST" phone as you have stated, I'm sure the owner would appreciate it and possibly give you a reward.

Sent from my HTC DNA

czrman99

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Not sure, but don't think you can get to the settings on a "blocked" phone. Just saying.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

rober7o

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Why not call the owner of the phone (number is in the settings) and let him/her know that you have found the phone, if it was a "LOST" phone as you have stated, I'm sure the owner would appreciate it and possibly give you a reward.

Sent from my HTC DNA

Did it, he said it doesnt matter because his carrier/insurance gave him a new one and they cant unblock so its useless to him as well.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Did it, he said it doesnt matter because his carrier/insurance gave him a new one and they cant unblock so its useless to him as well.

If that's the case, and it's a GSM phone, then you should be able to activate it on any carrier other than the original one.

Sent from my HTC DNA

rober7o

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
If that's the case, and it's a GSM phone, then you should be able to activate it on any carrier other than the original one.

Sent from my HTC DNA

I heard about laws that block the imei number so it wont work on any carrier worldwide that has this security system.
I've read online and pretty much every post would say that I can use it but those posts are all from 2009-2011 and I think this law is rather new.

BoredandTattooed

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Buy a cheap prepaid SIM and find out..

MetroPCS can flash phones with blocks...

And I don't know that its a law or more of a Coalition or Org to keep track.. but it has been adopted by all major u.s. carriers... Att is the only one in the news that announced they've already started

rober7o

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Buy a cheap prepaid SIM and find out..

MetroPCS can flash phones with blocks...

And I don't know that its a law or more of a Coalition or Org to keep track.. but it has been adopted by all major u.s. carriers... Att is the only one in the news that announced they've already started

I would have to pay international shipping and that would be around $50 so it won't be so cheap.

I dont see where metropcs offers this, I'm guessing that they would do it in-store?

Calvin Smith

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happened to me, I found a GS3 that was locked from At&t went to my local at&t store. They looked it up. owner reported it lost. I gave phone to At&t and they said they would get it back to the owner.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1