Ironically this is the first phone I have put both a screen protector and case on. I have only had my black Sprint HTC One for about a week and have taken very careful of it as I do all of my electronics; especially in the beginning. I noticed today there is a silver dot about the exact same size and shape of one of the speaker openings (very small but noticeable). It is located in between the speaker openings on the bottom speaker grille. Should I try to exchange the phone or is this just something to be expected? I haven't dropped the phone, have no idea what could have caused such a perfectly round and small chip that exposes the silver. I honestly thought it was a spec or something that would just rub off but it's clearly paint that has been chipped. I don't think these are as scratch resistant as most people say. While I'm a bit disappointed it happened so quickly (and with no drop or anything that would cause a chip), I am still very impressed with the phone. Any of my previous thoughts of not using a case and taking off the screen protector have gone out the window however. That's a bit of a shame because the aesthetics of the phone are really a big selling point. Oh well. Just thought I would share I got my first "chip"
    05-12-2013 04:44 PM
    If it were me I would take it back and get the silver one. I think it might be more durable. One guy dropped his and had some sizable scratches and they just rubbed out with a fingernail. If you can't exchange maybe a tiny dab of black magic marker, or call HTC and ask them for some touch up paint.
    05-12-2013 05:33 PM
    Did you examine the phone before putting the case on it, to be sure it wasn't there before hand?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    05-12-2013 06:02 PM
    Yeah the phone didn't have this prior. It's really not a big deal and it is literally the exact size of a speaker hole. It looks like a spec of dust but is a chip that can't be rubbed out as it's not superficial. However, after thinking about replacement and just the time to get it replaced and then everything transferred and set up again, I have decided to live with it as it's so minor. Realistically, this won't matter in a month or so when I am more focused on the phone and it's features and not focused on "my shiny new toy." I guess it's just ironic that this happened so quickly when I finally caved and put a case and protector on the phone. Oh well, it's still fantastic. I have no idea what could have caused this to occur and be so small and circular. There is not a scuff or scratch anywhere else by the speaker grille.
    05-12-2013 06:31 PM