WiFi "Authentication problem"

Caravaccio

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem. Connection good, authentication problem, the usual thing. I have a CorePad, very simple, no airplane mode, and I tried everything, including some of the suggestions in this forum, most of them too complicated to copy. Any simple advice? Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Rayness

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey,

So, I have an HTC First/One, whatever it's called, and for some reason, when I try to connect to my wifi, I get authentication problem. My mom had to reboot her wireless, cause we were all having that problem, but now it's just me. I'm not sure if it's just our wireless, but it happens at my grandmother's as well, so I'm not sure if it's just my phone or not. I do have a cracked screen, so is it possible that it's just taking it's toll on it?

I've reset my phone, I"ve tried the airplane mode thing,

Computermensch

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi.

Here is another well-known tip from the world of networks and Windows. You probably got yourself an N-router - a consumer device and a non-standard implementation. So switch off N-capability. Just use B/G - and if your bandwidth runs above 20 MHz for N-Capability switch the bandwidth down to 20 MHz (B/G compatible).

Details:
When N-Routers came about each vendor had their own implementation and many still do. So a rule of thumb was to use client and server stuff from the same vendor - i.e. N-Router, N-Wifi dongle, N- this and that ... all from the same vendor ...

You see ... its incompatibility ... since N does not really work in many cases. There you go ...

Unsatisfied? Use a dual band router or an extra AP (Access Point) for your small devices like that phone, tablets, watch, printer - and any other Nintendo machine with a small non-power/fuel drawing CPU (think of it as RPM's and torque in a car engine). You not going to drive the network any faster than that ...

Otherwise, use a Haswell PC (less than 30 watts idle for a gaming station - less than "nothing" for anything mobile PC) ... for a in a small formfactor.
I.e. 10-13" ultrabook. Then no problem Joe. You can just switch the N-Wifi client.

Last edited:

sicachester

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys!

I read the entire post and no of those tricks worked for me. I tried:
-Airplane mode; forget network; reset router; register MAC Address; factory reset, dalvik/cache format;

What worked for me is very very simple: when you click to connect to a network, click on "Advanced Settings" and will appear "Proxy" and "IP Configurations". In my case, the default is no proxy and "DHCP" for IP Configurations. Then I put the password and worked!!

Check if your router have any proxy settings or some specific IP configuration.

hdseevers

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I Have Two Samsung Galaxy Centura Cell Phones One Connects To My g mail Through My Router The Other One Tells Me I Have A Authentication Problem My Router Is Showing That It Is Strong

Puzzler2

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I turned off the "feature" to "Avoid No internet connections" and my phone started behaving. I have also locked my router to channel 6 and set security to WPA2 Personal Mixed with TKIP+AES.

Thanhvu Nguyen

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: WiFi "Authentication problem" I solved

Here it's how to fix it: You must root your phone then download SQLite debugger.apk to your phone then install it, go to the first section then choose it, scroll down and you will see"Settingsstorage", choose it then after that choose the global , choose “name” then scroll down to the “wifi display on” choose it then change the value from 0 to 1, then choose the paper airplane symbols then quit the app, reboot your phone and you will connect your wifi back as normal c:

friendly neighbor

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem w/ my cellphone -- an older LG 935, but I solved the problem. I called my internet provider and they recommended that the NAME of my network be changed. With the name change, the wifi now works. Try it.

friendly neighbor

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I can't see my original post,so here goes.These suggestions are low-tech
1. Try un-plugging your modem and plug it back in after about 30 seconds to re-boot it.
2.Call your internet provider and rename your network
I originally tried idea 2 first, and it worked for a short while, going buggy again. Now I tried idea 2, and my phone is connected to the wifi
If #1 goes buggy later on, I'll take the modem back to the internet provider, and exchange it for another one.

cheweygum

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Make sure you enter the WiFi connection password with the correct letters and numbers. For example, if the password for your router is "ABCDE", be sure to use upper case letters exactly like it's shown. Don't use lower case letters; "abcde". It turns out that's what was causing my authentication problem with both my Alcatel phone and ASUS tablet. Hope this helps. :)

oi_antz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
So I have had the same problem, although it was working ok last night. I actually have just got this tablet, 4.2.2, and have yesterday switched to VDSL, which means I have to use a new modem/router (Huawai HG659). Well it was all working fine yesterday with the new router, but this morning I have had this authentication error and none of the other ideas I found have fixed it. I did find a solution though, I had to change the encryption algorithm from AES to TKIP+AES. A few minutes later, it connected again. I don't know why it worked last night and not today, I don't particularly remember the encryption algorithm from yesterday.

gutt3d

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I found this thread while Googling for solution, so thought I would add my own experience... It turns out that the solution I used was in the replies too, but I didn't initially spot it.

Router: Asus RT-N56U
Phone: HTC Desire 816G

I added phone MAC address to allow list - no good.
I disabled MAC filter altogether - no good.
I disabled firewall - no good.
Forget network, reboot phone, retry - no good.
Try flight mode, but I wasn't able to turn on wi-fi in flight mode - so no good.

I ended up unhiding my network SID, then turning on WPS. WPS connected fine, and all is now ok. I then turned off WPS (still ok), re-hid my network (still ok), re-enabled MAC filter (still ok) and re-enabled firewall (still ok).

Not sure what was missing from original config, but WPS filled in the gaps and now it works great.

Casualj

May 15, 2015
Visit site
I finally figured it out for the wifi problem, i did A through Z on the wifi settings, but what worked for me is very simple and i hope it works for you. WPS(Wifi Protected Setup) there is usually a pushable button on the router what you do is you push the button, and there should be a what looks like a refresh ( instead of one arrow doing a 360 it is two) sign or button on your android phone, push the WPS then push that button under wifi network Selection, and badabing badaboom I got connected. Hope this helps.:p