Where are reminders kept?

PittsDriver

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I used Google now to set a voice reminder for an event tomorrow. Where are those kept so I can view them?

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Running stock Android, they're integrated into the stock clock app with traditional 'alarms'. I would guess they show up in the default clock/alarms app on the One as well (though I haven't tested this myself). I asked Google Now to remind me to respond to this post and here's what it looks like in the stock app:

1368418695359.jpg

t3chz0id

May 17, 2013
Visit site
They are within the Settings of Google Now:

1. Open Google Now (long-press Home, open Google from the app screen, tap the Search widget, etc.)
2. At the bottom-right of Google Now (you may have to scroll down), open the Settings menu (three vertical dots)
3. Tap Settings
4. Tap My Stuff

Reminders should be stored there.

kenkrause

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Come on there has to be an easier way to get to them. Why don't they show up in the google now window. What a pain in the neck.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
You can try using Google Keep instead. I haven't done any voice activated reminders, but there's a little microphone icon that suggests you can do it. Reminders from Keep do show up in Now, so you'll still get the card. It doesn't appear to work the other way where reminders from Google Now are sent to Keep, though. That's pretty unfortunate but it seems like something that could be added in the future. I may have to look for a way to do it in Tasker.

agp423

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem... Google Now says "saving reminder..." but it doesn't show up under Settings > My Stuff > Reminders.

I tried installing Google Keep but the reminder doesn't show up on there either.

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
On my moto x, it says that reminders are stored in settings > my stuff > reminders...

Seems like a silly place I wonder why they don't use Google keep or the regular calendar?

Update: I don't even have a "my stuff" under settings .... lol

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Open Google Search
In the lower right hand corner, press the 3 dot menu overflow button
Select Settings
Select My Stuff
Select Reminders

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I use Google Now Reminders all the time and am a bit frustrated with it compared to using Siri on iOS. I have three issues with it. First, when the Reminder notification pops up, all you see is a little light bulb in your notifications area. I want to see a text box appear stating my Reminder, like a text message. Second, if I set a reminder tomorrow afternoon for example, that reminder will no longer be visible once evening rolls around, even if I didn't swipe/dismiss it away. I want the reminder card to stay in Google Now until I dismiss it. Third, there is no integration with the Tasks application whatsoever. Going to Google Now, Settings, My Stuff is a ridiculous way of doing things. You also can't edit your reminder at all. I much prefer iOS's use of Siri and their Reminder app. Actually, if all they changed was to keep the card visible in Google Now until it is swiped away, I'd be happy.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I use Google Now Reminders all the time and am a bit frustrated with it compared to using Siri on iOS. I have three issues with it. First, when the Reminder notification pops up, all you see is a little light bulb in your notifications area. I want to see a text box appear stating my Reminder, like a text message. Second, if I set a reminder tomorrow afternoon for example, that reminder will no longer be visible once evening rolls around, even if I didn't swipe/dismiss it away. I want the reminder card to stay in Google Now until I dismiss it. Third, there is no integration with the Tasks application whatsoever. Going to Google Now, Settings, My Stuff is a ridiculous way of doing things. You also can't edit your reminder at all. I much prefer iOS's use of Siri and their Reminder app. Actually, if all they changed was to keep the card visible in Google Now until it is swiped away, I'd be happy.

Just FYI you so can edit them. Go to Google now... Settings.. My stuff.. Reminders. It will show your currently set reminders at the top. You can tap them to change anything about it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Son Nguyen

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
You can only change upcoming reminders which is the problem. Google puts reminders in the "past" that I don't necessarily want in the past because I never dismissed them. I just now noticed that our reminders are categorized by future, ongoing, or past. Does anyone know how we can set a reminder as ongoing? What I want is for Google to remind me of a task at a certain time and keep the task visible until I dismiss it.

Posted via Android Central App

Arbi Sookazian

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Why isn't there a reminders app like in iOS? that's horrible!

Also, the last comment about the past reminders not being editable is true in KitKat (4.4).

Another horrible design flaw. :(

Arbi Sookazian

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
just downloaded and tested Life Reminders app, it allows you to edit a past reminder. seems better than the iOS reminder app and there's a free and paid version.

why can't google install their own great reminders app stock?