Would you buy HTC One over GS4 if One was also made from 'cheap plastic'?

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Probably. If it had the sim card and battery accessibility, why wouldn't I? I didn't buy it for its design to be honest, I got it for the smaller lcd screen, low light camera, front facing boomsound clarity, and blinkfeed.

charlee08

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I think I still would have purchased the HTC One.
Would have made for a much tougher decision though.

Sent from my HTC One

colonel

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Is this not a redundant question ?

A phone, as any other item, is a mixture of style and substance.

If you take away the style of the HTC One, what did you replace it with ? A nicer plastic body then the S4 or the same one ?
if its the same one then its just shopping on brand name ?

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Although I haven't chosen either yet, I know that build material is near the bottom of my Pros' and Cons' list. Design is a completely different thing though. The main positives of the One (and why I might choose it) are the speakers, the software (aesthetics etc.), general fluidity, low-light performance and a few other positives. Yes, I prefer the One's design aesthetics but prefer the S4's larger screen in the same-size body, the removable cover with a removable battery and also the easier repairablity... and the button layout/design.

Interesting question though...

Tom

Jakiro201

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Well yeah, with these speakers I can't imagine using any other phones, especially when the S4 speakers are on the back of the phone.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Is this not a redundant question ?

A phone, as any other item, is a mixture of style and substance.

If you take away the style of the HTC One, what did you replace it with ? A nicer plastic body then the S4 or the same one ?
if its the same one then its just shopping on brand name ?

Umm... no? See my post as to why...
Hint: Software, other hardware features etc...

Tom

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I believe I would but I may not have switched from the iPhone.

The build quality, front facing speakers (finally), awesome big screen, and no lag was all it took for me to switch.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

daveh98

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I have an HTC One and am very big on aesthetics. However, I do feel a bit guilty each day I look at my phone through a case. lol. Most people get a case for their phones and I don't care how people try to spin it, it ruins the aesthetics. Quite honestly, the HTC One may look worse to me personally than the S4 through a case because the S4 has a bigger and more vibrant screen (not better screen just bigger and more vibrant viewed from a distance). I have a very thin gel case too so it's not like I am adding a ton of bulk.

However to answer the question, yes I would get the One. The speakers and the fact that most people don't have a One compared to a Galaxy are reasons alone for me to still have purchased it.

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely. The Sense UI is worth it over the garish mess of TouchWiz any day for me. Samsung makes ugly software. And for me, personally, I chose the One as much for the software as I did for the hardware.

joseph4200

May 13, 2013
Visit site
The main thing the convinced me to switch from the iphone is the build quality of the HTC One. I would not have switch if it was made from cheap plastic.

The attention to detail on the build is right up there with apple. Makes me think that HTC doesnt want to cut corners just to improve their bottom line.

The HTC One is a sexy beast.

chris hackett

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Ditto for me. Would have stayed with iPhone. I wanted something of similar build quality.

I believe I would but I may not have switched from the iPhone.

The build quality, front facing speakers (finally), awesome big screen, and no lag was all it took for me to switch.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't impressed when Samsung unveiled the S4 but I still bought it, so yes I would buy the One.

This isn't the question for someone who constantly upgrade, I tell my family & friends I'm not the right person to ask. LOL

ahaxton

May 10, 2010
Visit site
It would be a more difficult decision for me, as that's one check off of the pros and cons list, but in the end, yes. The other phone in contention at the time was the Note 2 specifically for the S-Pen. I love stylus use, but I HATE Touchwiz with a deep and abiding passion.

For me, it's cluttered (For example, I like a clean orderly Notification drawer, and on my S2 my notifications showed up more than halfway down the drawer thanks to overly large power toggles, unnecessary headers, and notifications I can't swipe away in Touchwiz but can in any other implementation of Android) and detracts from the aesthetics and design language that make 4.x versions of Android so pleasing and unique. I love the features on the One and use every one (yes, even Blinkfeed).

So the S-Pen would have put up a stronger siren song, but in the end even without the aluminum construction I believe the One?s features and overall Sense 5 would have won over the Note 2.

Good OL MC

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't say it's between the S4 and One in this scenario. Like others have said it would be a choice between an iPhone 5 and the One. From hardware, to software, to overall design the S4 does absolutely nothing for me. I wouldn't pick it either way.

I'm fairly platform agnostic so the One basically gets my vote based on its design. Zoe and Boomsound are great and would have me looking at the phone but the quality of the device seals the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz