05-21-2013 11:34 PM
59 123
tools
    Always wanted to ask this Question to HTC One owners

Out of curiosity.
    Aquila and TomsAndroid like this.
    05-14-2013 03:40 AM
    Does that change include making the battery accessible?
    05-14-2013 03:55 AM
    Probably. If it had the sim card and battery accessibility, why wouldn't I? I didn't buy it for its design to be honest, I got it for the smaller lcd screen, low light camera, front facing boomsound clarity, and blinkfeed.
    05-14-2013 04:02 AM
    Doubt it
    05-14-2013 04:25 AM
    I think I still would have purchased the HTC One.
    Would have made for a much tougher decision though.

Sent from my HTC One
    TomsAndroid and ectoren like this.
    05-14-2013 05:26 AM
    Is this not a redundant question ?

A phone, as any other item, is a mixture of style and substance.

If you take away the style of the HTC One, what did you replace it with ? A nicer plastic body then the S4 or the same one ?
    if its the same one then its just shopping on brand name ?
    05-14-2013 05:32 AM
    Although I haven't chosen either yet, I know that build material is near the bottom of my Pros' and Cons' list. Design is a completely different thing though. The main positives of the One (and why I might choose it) are the speakers, the software (aesthetics etc.), general fluidity, low-light performance and a few other positives. Yes, I prefer the One's design aesthetics but prefer the S4's larger screen in the same-size body, the removable cover with a removable battery and also the easier repairablity... and the button layout/design.

Interesting question though...

Tom
    05-14-2013 05:32 AM
    Well yeah, with these speakers I can't imagine using any other phones, especially when the S4 speakers are on the back of the phone.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    05-14-2013 05:34 AM
    Is this not a redundant question ?

A phone, as any other item, is a mixture of style and substance.

If you take away the style of the HTC One, what did you replace it with ? A nicer plastic body then the S4 or the same one ?
    if its the same one then its just shopping on brand name ?
    Umm... no? See my post as to why...
    Hint: Software, other hardware features etc...

Tom
    Aquila likes this.
    05-14-2013 05:34 AM
    I believe I would but I may not have switched from the iPhone.

The build quality, front facing speakers (finally), awesome big screen, and no lag was all it took for me to switch.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    TomsAndroid and amroa like this.
    05-14-2013 08:03 AM
    I have an HTC One and am very big on aesthetics. However, I do feel a bit guilty each day I look at my phone through a case. lol. Most people get a case for their phones and I don't care how people try to spin it, it ruins the aesthetics. Quite honestly, the HTC One may look worse to me personally than the S4 through a case because the S4 has a bigger and more vibrant screen (not better screen just bigger and more vibrant viewed from a distance). I have a very thin gel case too so it's not like I am adding a ton of bulk.

However to answer the question, yes I would get the One. The speakers and the fact that most people don't have a One compared to a Galaxy are reasons alone for me to still have purchased it.
    TomsAndroid and mcpricex like this.
    05-14-2013 08:13 AM
    Absolutely. The Sense UI is worth it over the garish mess of TouchWiz any day for me. Samsung makes ugly software. And for me, personally, I chose the One as much for the software as I did for the hardware.
    05-14-2013 10:25 AM
    Besides the speakers I chose the One for software so yeah I would chose it over the S4.
    TomsAndroid and Seggzy like this.
    05-14-2013 10:45 AM
    I would. BoomSound is awesome and Sense 5 kicks TouchWiz's arse.
    TomsAndroid and Seggzy like this.
    05-14-2013 10:47 AM
    The main thing the convinced me to switch from the iphone is the build quality of the HTC One. I would not have switch if it was made from cheap plastic.

The attention to detail on the build is right up there with apple. Makes me think that HTC doesnt want to cut corners just to improve their bottom line.

The HTC One is a sexy beast.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    05-14-2013 10:52 AM
    Always wanted to ask this Question to HTC One owners

Out of curiosity.
    If free yes if i have to pay NO
    05-14-2013 10:53 AM
    Ditto for me. Would have stayed with iPhone. I wanted something of similar build quality.

I believe I would but I may not have switched from the iPhone.

The build quality, front facing speakers (finally), awesome big screen, and no lag was all it took for me to switch.

05-14-2013 11:01 AM
    I wasn't impressed when Samsung unveiled the S4 but I still bought it, so yes I would buy the One.

This isn't the question for someone who constantly upgrade, I tell my family & friends I'm not the right person to ask. LOL
    Good OL MC and TomsAndroid like this.
    05-14-2013 11:08 AM
    It would be a more difficult decision for me, as that's one check off of the pros and cons list, but in the end, yes. The other phone in contention at the time was the Note 2 specifically for the S-Pen. I love stylus use, but I HATE Touchwiz with a deep and abiding passion.

For me, it's cluttered (For example, I like a clean orderly Notification drawer, and on my S2 my notifications showed up more than halfway down the drawer thanks to overly large power toggles, unnecessary headers, and notifications I can't swipe away in Touchwiz but can in any other implementation of Android) and detracts from the aesthetics and design language that make 4.x versions of Android so pleasing and unique. I love the features on the One and use every one (yes, even Blinkfeed).

So the S-Pen would have put up a stronger siren song, but in the end even without the aluminum construction I believe the Ones features and overall Sense 5 would have won over the Note 2.
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    05-14-2013 11:56 AM
    I wouldn't say it's between the S4 and One in this scenario. Like others have said it would be a choice between an iPhone 5 and the One. From hardware, to software, to overall design the S4 does absolutely nothing for me. I wouldn't pick it either way.

I'm fairly platform agnostic so the One basically gets my vote based on its design. Zoe and Boomsound are great and would have me looking at the phone but the quality of the device seals the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-14-2013 12:10 PM
    This is not a logical question. It's like asking if you would marry Angelina Jolie if she looked like Mrs. Doubtfire.
    TimmyB, Xsie, ConTejas and 2 others like this.
    05-14-2013 12:19 PM
    Absolutely.

I bought the One because of its software experience: the minimalistic Sense 5, zero lag, great camera features (Zoe, highlights, etc.), and apps like the TV remote that don't feel like bloat.
    05-14-2013 12:23 PM
    This is not a logical question. It's like asking if you would marry Angelina Jolie if she looked like Mrs. Doubtfire.
    Well............................... would you???
    TomsAndroid likes this.
    05-14-2013 12:28 PM
    Probably cause I'm not crazy about Touch Wiz. Nor their screen resolution. BUT jmo, & you did ask.
    :o

charlee08 likes this.
    05-14-2013 12:36 PM
    Yes

Posted via Android Central App
    05-14-2013 12:45 PM
59 123