How is it with the no quick charge?

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
There was a thread earlier where Adrian something went through the same issue and finally found one on amazon that charged. I don't know which one it was, but it had a 2 amp and a 1 amp out put. He used the 2 amp slot i believe.

I thought the One was internally limited to 1A. I've got a 2A adapter for my car, and the phone was draining quicker while using Google Navigation and streaming music.

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I noticed it seems to charge faster when i have it in power saving mode. Usually just charge it for about an hour on my lunch break and it'll last me till I hit the bed.

JasonF

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
You need a better charger then.

I have two different car chargers, both rated with 1A output and when using Nav, driving, and Bluetooth connected my batter drains faster than it charges. Google maps has a feature that may help with this where it dims the screen between instructions. I haven't tested this to see how much it helps because I prefer to use Waze, which has no such batter saving feature. On my wifes iPhone 5, and my old GS2 this was never an issue.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I have two different car chargers, both rated with 1A output and when using Nav, driving, and Bluetooth connected my batter drains faster than it charges. Google maps has a feature that may help with this where it dims the screen between instructions. I haven't tested this to see how much it helps because I prefer to use Waze, which has no such batter saving feature. On my wifes iPhone 5, and my old GS2 this was never an issue.

May be rated 1A but doesn't mean it is delivering. Others indicate they have found chargers that do in fact charge faster than drain. If it is important to you, then you should upgrade your charger.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
The only time I've found that the slow charge is really a pain is when I come home after a day of fairly heavy use and the battery is low and all I'm doing is changing, briefing a babysitter and heading back out. That's 20-30 mins and with my iPhone I could charge the phone in that time and get the phone back to a charged state where I was comfortable, that isn't the same situation now. So I'll end up being one of those tools asking a bar tender if I can charge my phone while I have a drink.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
The only time I've found that the slow charge is really a pain is when I come home after a day of fairly heavy use and the battery is low and all I'm doing is changing, briefing a babysitter and heading back out. That's 20-30 mins and with my iPhone I could charge the phone in that time and get the phone back to a charged state where I was comfortable, that isn't the same situation now. So I'll end up being one of those tools asking a bar tender if I can charge my phone while I have a drink.

Lol :p

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Anyone know what the built in usb port on a 2013 Toyota Tacoma puts out? I assume not much.

I have a 2012...I'll check when I leave work tonight.

I actually have a nice 1A charger I use in the "cigarette lighter" (or whatever that is now called), that works well, so I've never tried to charge via the USB port. I'll test it and find out. If I had to guess, it's probably only pushing 500mA though.

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Well, it may be only consuming 1A but not all of these adapters can output rated current from all outlets to all devices... You can see that from Amazon's user reviews.

My point was that no matter if you've got the best 2A charger out there, it does you no good when HTC has limited the maximum charging current to just 1A. If I'm running navigation with the screen on, along with streaming music over the air to my stereo via bluetooth, it appears I'm using more than 1A continuously.

JasonF

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
May be rated 1A but doesn't mean it is delivering. Others indicate they have found chargers that do in fact charge faster than drain. If it is important to you, then you should upgrade your charger.

I have 2 of them, both highly rated on Amazon from for being high amp chargers. It isn't the charger. It's the slow charging.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie