Anyone else has a factory LOGO MISTAKE on back of there HTC One? (Picture inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Maybe stop calling people trolls. Nobody forces anyone to reply. If you have nothing to add to the discussion don't reply.

Thanks

Rndomuser

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Maybe stop calling people trolls. Nobody forces anyone to reply. If you have nothing to add to the discussion don't reply.

Thanks

What's there to add? If that person not trolling - it's pretty obvious that its just a misprint and simple exchange will take care of it... Pretty much a "common sense" thing, not worthy of its own thread...

Posted via Android Central App

les7699

May 11, 2013
Visit site
People always jump to conclusions. He said he "just" bought. So he might not have had any reason to post previously. My post count is low, I just found this forum in the last week. But I'm not a troll.

And I can't see the pic and it's making me mad lol.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
What exactly does a misprinted box have to do with the quality of the phone? Or how well/not so well the phone works? HTC doesn't make or print the boxes, they are manufactured and printed by someone else. So go ahead, return your phone because the box is missing a letter or two. It will be hilarious when you get that pretty new box with a phone that has issues. It's absolutely amazing what people find to complain about. Geeze.... SMH

Sent from my HTC DROID DNA using the Android Central App

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
What exactly does a misprinted box have to do with the quality of the phone? Or how well/not so well the phone works? HTC doesn't make or print the boxes, they are manufactured and printed by someone else. So go ahead, return your phone because the box is missing a letter or two. It will be hilarious when you get that pretty new box with a phone that has issues. It's absolutely amazing what people find to complain about. Geeze.... SMH

Agreed.

If there's nothing wrong with the way the phone works then why bother returning it? If OP is the type that needs to have everything look pretty then he can by all means return it but there's no need to go demanding things. Ask nicely.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

Agreed.

If there's nothing wrong with the way the phone works then why bother returning it? If OP is the type that needs to have everything look pretty then he can by all means return it but there's no need to go demanding things. Ask nicely.

...it isnt the box that is misprinted...its the logo on the back of the phone itself.

To those asking why return it if it doesnt effect the way the phone works...

Would you return a black iPhone if the corners were all scuffed upon purchase?

Would you return an HTC one if the screen was not flush or the speakers were misaligned?

Would you return an s4 if the aluminum strip around the phone was dented/scratched out of the box or you had the weird paint bubbling around the earpiece?

Most of you would answer yes. Even though all of the things mentioned above are purely cosmetic, they are flaws in the phone and can/ will effect resale value. If you dontbhave a problem with the product you buy being torn up or defective before/when it hits your hand, that's on you. But many people actually DO care.

OP, I don't know if that's actually your phone or not, or if its been photoshopped. But if it is your phone and its defective, return it. Bad batches occur in every manufactoring facility, with every phone. It just depends on quality control to see if they ever get caught before retail. If you prefer your iPhone to the one, by all means, return to it. Everyone has a preference.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

It's the logo on the back of the phone. Not the box.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Seggzy

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I switched from an iPhone to this crappy HTC One for the first time and this is what I get already.

Well they clearly didnt know who you were. Next time tell them and you should get perfection. I mean really, this is a first world country! We shouldn't have to put up with that!

~cough~sarcasm~cough~

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Calling another member a troll is considered trolling. If you don't care for the thread, then feel free to move on.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Never seen anything like that before. LOL

I took out my One and looked at the back. "beatsaudio" *phew. LOL

Yup. Haha. Did the exact same thing immediately.

Honestly I don't think this is real.... It may very well be, but it diminishes credibility when the person posts "I just got this crappy HTC one...."

If it is real, and it bothers you, exchange it. I'm sure they will have no problem doing so during your 30 day window.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
...it isnt the box that is misprinted...its the logo on the back of the phone itself.

To those asking why return it if it doesnt effect the way the phone works...

Would you return a black iPhone if the corners were all scuffed upon purchase?
Possibly...could indicate damage during manufacturing/shipping

Would you return an HTC one if the screen was not flush or the speakers were misaligned?
These are are actual signs of defective hardware assembly and could compromise the integrity of the device...so yes.

Would you return an s4 if the aluminum strip around the phone was dented/scratched out of the box or you had the weird paint bubbling around the earpiece?
Again, same as above...actual damage to the hardware...yes.

Most of you would answer yes. Even though all of the things mentioned above are purely cosmetic, they are flaws in the phone and can/ will effect resale value. If you dontbhave a problem with the product you buy being torn up or defective before/when it hits your hand, that's on you. But many people actually DO care.
Outside of the first one you list above (which would depend on exactly what is meant by "scuffed"), most of these are not "purely cosmetic", and are actual defects to the hardware.

OP, I don't know if that's actually your phone or not, or if its been photoshopped. But if it is your phone and its defective, return it. Bad batches occur in every manufactoring facility, with every phone. It just depends on quality control to see if they ever get caught before retail. If you prefer your iPhone to the one, by all means, return to it. Everyone has a preference.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

I'd like to say I'm shocked at how many people suggest he return his device for something this minor (hell, most people complain that there are too many logos to being with!)...but I'm not. And folks wonder why the price of new phones keeps going up and carriers are suggesting they'll do away with device subsidies...

czrman99

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Hahah, I agree it should not happen but I would hardly say the device is crappy because the ink that was printing those letters did not properly print. Take it back they will give you a new device and be happy.

Is it annoying yes, guess what it happens, did you complain whey your iPhone needed a bumper because the antenna didn't work and apple gave them out free, or your 5 had scratches in the edge.

As said, return it for another unit, not that big of a deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well said..

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.