No Shutter Release with Volume Rocker?

Gothamoddisee

May 15, 2013
Visit site
One of the few things that mars the near perfect HTC One camera experience is the lack of volume rocker functionality when taking photos. The fact that it's not on by default is understandable, but that it's missing entirely is bewildering, what an oversight! Does this seem like a strange over-site to anyone else? Any chance there's a fix out there that doesn't involve using a different app?

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
One of the few things that mars the near perfect HTC One camera experience is the lack of volume rocker functionality when taking photos. The fact that it's not on by default is understandable, but that it's missing entirely is bewildering, what an oversight! Does this seem like a strange over-site to anyone else? Any chance there's a fix out there that doesn't involve using a different app?

I don't take that many pics, but I agree with you about this. The physical button is so much easier to use, for me.

I was also wondering if anyone has tried a different app, such as Camera Zoom FX. This produced FAR superior pictures, with much more control over them, on my last Android phone (Moto Atrix2), and it would be nice to see if there is any improvement or regression in quality.

Gothamoddisee

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I've tried Camera Zoom - and once I tinkered with the options I found it works very well for still photography (and actually solves the shutter release / volume rocker problem), however I still prefer to use the stock camera app since the video and still controls all work within the same quick menu system there.

I don't take that many pics, but I agree with you about this. The physical button is so much easier to use, for me.

I was also wondering if anyone has tried a different app, such as Camera Zoom FX. This produced FAR superior pictures, with much more control over them, on my last Android phone (Moto Atrix2), and it would be nice to see if there is any improvement or regression in quality.

Gothamoddisee

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Come on - surely not being able to use the volume buttons has bugged others who have since found a solution!
Bump'd in case anyone had a solution to what is becoming a maddening issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC