Any one else feel like the notification for text is low no matter how loud you make it.

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I feel like when in my pocket I always miss texts and the vibrations is just too short. With the stock app of course.

Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
You might want to try a different notification sound. The sounds are not all the same "loudness." Some are barely audible even when the volume is up high, while others will tear your head off even at a couple of clicks of volume.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
lol, yeah it's like pistos said. I had to switch after my incoming text messages could be heard from half the floor away at work. >.>

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't know. I'm using the "lime" sound and I feel that might be the loudest. Still can't hear it. I really wish the other text apps looked and worked properly on this device because the options are much better with those apps.

mykrlz182

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Complete opposite for me, the notification is way too loud. I'm using a notification sound byte from zedge app.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Honestly I think it's more the Shortt vibration that prevents me from feeling it.

scooter7

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Have to agree with Pistos and Semp1. Try changing the notification sound to Lime. I am using that and feel it is almost too loud.

leez

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Complete opposite for me, the notification is way too loud. I'm using a notification sound byte from zedge app.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Likewise--too loud here, even on low. Are you sure you've got the separate Notification volume up from the standard volume? The gear icon when changing the volume brings up the sub-menu with the different sliders for the different volume types