Car Text Messaging

CFP462

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

New to the forums and just got an HTC ONE!

I was wondering if there was a way to do text to speech for texting while driving. I know there are apps but I really like how the S4 had it built in to their car app. Is there any way to make my smartphone smarter. AKA tell it to text someone and it will.

Thanks!

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Just use the car app that is built into the phone. It will read your texts and allow you to respond. I love it!!!!

Posted via Android Central App

3Fletch

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Just use the car app that is built into the phone. It will read your texts and allow you to respond. I love it!!!!

Which app are you using, the AT&T driving mode will send a text that you are unable to reply because you are driving but I do not see an option for a voice reply.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
You could always just not text while you're driving. At all. You know, because accidents and killing people and stuff.

CFP462

May 16, 2013
Visit site
That's the whole point is I don't want to text and drive. I want to talk to my phone.

And I wanted it to be integrated, that was all. Oh well.

dre22era

May 25, 2012
Visit site
texting while driving is no different than eating while driving. both are dangerous but of course politics sways America to believe texting is more dangerous when in fact its not even banned in all states and many states enforce the law "by age".
My opinion I am more fearful of a driver eating a chipotle burrito than texting.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
texting while driving is no different than eating while driving. both are dangerous but of course politics sways America to believe texting is more dangerous when in fact its not even banned in all states and many states enforce the law "by age".
My opinion I am more fearful of a driver eating a chipotle burrito than texting.

The built in car app let's you speak a text to your phone.

Hush Martin

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Use the quick shortcut maker app to create a new shortcut. The car app is there, but ATT has hidden in in favor of their own car app. (Sometimes I HATE att) Anyway, when you get the short cut made, you can start it when you start driving. It has several voice operations built in.

3Fletch

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Use the quick shortcut maker app to create a new shortcut. The car app is there, but ATT has hidden in in favor of their own car app. (Sometimes I HATE att) Anyway, when you get the short cut made, you can start it when you start driving. It has several voice operations built in.

Please bear with me if you could, can you line out just how to do this. First I searched for the quick shortcut maker app and I believe I did not locate the correct one. Can we access this app without the shortcut maker? I have searched high and low and cannot seem to locate it. AT&T seems to have it well hid.

Hush Martin

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
The app is actually called "quick shortcut maker".
Here is a link: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....sika524.android.quickshortcut&token=l-yvNINJ

Use that, when you open it there will be tabs: "Activities" and "Applications". Click applications. Scroll down to "Car". The icon is a white steering wheel with red in the center. Click it. Then click "ok". (If you're bored you can hit the "try" it button to see what will happen, but there's absolutely no need to do it.)

That will place the shortcut on the home screen. Move it to where ever is convenient for you. FYI, if for some reason you need to do a factory reset, you will have to replace the shortcut following the same steps.

Btw, no, you cannot access the HTC car app without creating a short cut. YES, att has it very, very well hidden.

3Fletch

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Here is a link: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....sika524.android.quickshortcut&token=AUR_iTVA

Use that, when you open it there will be tabs: "Activities" and "Applications". Click applications. Scroll down to "Car". The icon is a white steering wheel with red in the center. Click it. Then click "ok". (If you're bored you can hit the "try" it button to see what will happen, but there's absolutely no need to do it.)

That will place the shortcut on the home screen. Move it to where ever is convenient for you. FYI, if for some reason you need to do a factory reset, you will have to replace the shortcut following the same steps.

Btw, no, you cannot access the HTC car app without creating a short cut. YES, att has it very, very well hidden.

Excellent, I got it now. I do not see an option for text which is fine since this will give you the ability to use it hands free for phone calls.

Thank you...

arwen_in_nj

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Here is a link: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....sika524.android.quickshortcut&token=N81VAsEO

Thanks so much for this! Found the car app and Polaris Office as well (although I think Kingsoft Office is better). Didn't realize the car app was even there..

Sent from my most awesome HTC One

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12