I've converted from an iPhone to the HTC One and overall I'm enjoying the experience. The one thing that surprised me yesterday while running Waze was that the music I was streaming from my One would pause whenever Waze would announce an upcoming turn. I tried navigating with Google Nav and I got the same results. I also tried streaming from both Google Play Music and the HTC music player, same results every time. Is this typical Android behavior or is this something that Sense is affecting? Any navigation apps out there that will attenuate music? Thanks in advance for any guidance.
    05-16-2013 08:49 AM
    I had a Nexus S before and it didn't do this. So I think it may be Sense or something.
    59er9er likes this.
    05-16-2013 09:17 AM
    Normally you only get one audio stream. If you have music playing and the phone needs to emit audio it will pause what is playing.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    05-16-2013 10:13 AM
    I've converted from an iPhone to the HTC One and overall I'm enjoying the experience. The one thing that surprised me yesterday while running Waze was that the music I was streaming from my One would pause whenever Waze would announce an upcoming turn. I tried navigating with Google Nav and I got the same results. I also tried streaming from both Google Play Music and the HTC music player, same results every time. Is this typical Android behavior or is this something that Sense is affecting? Any navigation apps out there that will attenuate music? Thanks in advance for any guidance.
    I'm an ex iPhoner as well, and this really annoys me. I thought it was Google Nav, but since you tried Waze, it must be a Android issue. I used Navigon on the iPhone, and it turned the music down a bit, but did not stop. I wanted to try out my Navigon on the One, but I have to repurchase it since it's on a different platform, so they lost my business.
    59er9er likes this.
    05-16-2013 10:34 AM
    I'm an ex iPhoner as well, and this really annoys me. I thought it was Google Nav, but since you tried Waze, it must be a Android issue. I used Navigon on the iPhone, and it turned the music down a bit, but did not stop. I wanted to try out my Navigon on the One, but I have to repurchase it since it's on a different platform, so they lost my business.
    Oh well, I'm hopeful that this is addressed in a future OTA update because it does take away from the overall experience.
    05-16-2013 11:15 AM
    Good news. As of this morning my phone is behaving (mostly) the way I expected. I had music playing on google Play Music and was running Waze and much to my delight the music that was playing wasn't pausing/muting it simply attenuated as Waze spoke. Surprised, I tried playing music through the HTC music app and that continued the old behavior of pausing/muting the music so I was disappointed. I decided to give Pandora a try (haven't gotten Pandora to stream via Bluetooth to my car speakers) and voila! Pandor behave as I had hoped, lowering music volume slightly when Waze spoke.

So what did I do to resolve this? I'm not sure because a few apps have auto-updated since I last tried and I booted into Safe Mode yesterday (at the HTC reps suggestion). Regardless, I'm glad to have the expected functionality with two out of the three music apps that I've tested. now I need to test it out with TuneIn Radio.
    amroa likes this.
    05-17-2013 09:40 AM
    Good news. As of this morning my phone is behaving (mostly) the way I expected. I had music playing on google Play Music and was running Waze and much to my delight the music that was playing wasn't pausing/muting it simply attenuated as Waze spoke. Surprised, I tried playing music through the HTC music app and that continued the old behavior of pausing/muting the music so I was disappointed. I decided to give Pandora a try (haven't gotten Pandora to stream via Bluetooth to my car speakers) and voila! Pandor behave as I had hoped, lowering music volume slightly when Waze spoke.

So what did I do to resolve this? I'm not sure because a few apps have auto-updated since I last tried and I booted into Safe Mode yesterday (at the HTC reps suggestion). Regardless, I'm glad to have the expected functionality with two out of the three music apps that I've tested. now I need to test it out with TuneIn Radio.
    Cool. I'll try the various ones tonight and see.
    05-17-2013 01:23 PM