Has any one noticed how many steps backwards Google took with the play music app

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I know this isn't htc related although I use that app most on my one. But Google really took a few seeps back with it. First of all they took out normal lists for artists and you're forced to look at a messy grid of pics. Second they also took away the feature in which you can switch from bluetooth to device speakers on the fly from with in the app. And lastly what's up with the album cover glitch. Come on Google stop rushing things and being sloppy.

Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
My complaint is that it automatically pauses the music when you disconnect physical headphones, but not when you disconnect a bluetooth headphone.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Overall I like the new look and it seems less laggy and a bit more fluent.

Posted via Android Central App

That's my impression too. I can understand why the OP would miss those features but overall i really like the changes and very much like their take on a subscription service so far.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
It sucks. There's a reason most media players look the same, and Google conveniently ignored it. Yes, it matches the other new play apps, but it is less functional as a result.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

mihesq

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Having come from windows phone, Microsoft really had things simple with their music subscription service. Find a album/song in the store and download it. It downloads a drm mp3 file and stores it on your phone so u can access it in your music player. You could also transfer it to your computer if you wanted.

None of this adding to library before you can pin it crap, and hiding music on your phone so it's impossible to find. Not to mention how unorganised the play app is, with it's cluddered look and having to move from window to window and menus just to get to where you want to go.

Itll take a while to get used to that's for sure.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Odd, it doesn't on my phone. However, I am on the LG Optimus and not the One, so perhaps it is a different version since I am on 2.3.
My One doesn't seem to pause it either. I was playing music from my pocket this morning after I got to work.

panzerghost

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I Like that I can stream my 10,000 songs anywhere anytime on any device for free. I do wish there was a free version of the streaming radio app but if I am going to pay for music I would like to have an option to download it (they may have it, I'm not sure). It plays fine on my htc One the only hang up is the uploader is stuck uploading by 1 song of all my songs, a minor issue and sure its something they will work out.

sparkly flea

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Only bummer on the All Access is doesn't like m4a. Not looking forward to converting 1000+ if I want to have them available. I can do with the 5000 that did upload for now.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I think it looks really good and fits the new Google now look that they are pushing. The only problem is it is kind of confusing. I when I first opened I didn't understand what was what. Once you use it and get comfort it's ok though. It will get better as they refine it more probably with the next version of android.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It looks a lot better, which was my chief complaint about the app. Will take a few days before I become accustomed to its layout. I'm pretty simple in the use of features, so probably won't miss the missing features that much. I may not even notice without being told!

sparkly flea

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Well converting m4a to mp3 was pretty painless through iTunes but I will have to delete the dupe entries in iTunes since it adds them to your library. Took awhile but good to go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton