Mystery Photo Syncing

Curtis Martin

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm a former iPhone user and used PhotoStream.
Since switching to the HTC One, I'm now syncing my camera shots to my Dropbox account, which works great.
What I can't figure out, is that my HTC Photos are somehow mysteriously also syncing into my photostream.
I'll open up iPhoto and see that my last batch of shots magically show up in my "last import".
This would be a good thing, except for the huge volume of shots when I use ZOE.
And it's filling up my wife's iPhone with all those multi-shots.

I can't figure out where this is coming from.
I'm currently using iSyncr to sync a couple iTunes playlists, but as far as I know this doesn't do anything for photos.
I briefly played with HTC Sync Manager, but found it cumbersome - and it only syncs over USB anyway.
(this is all happening wirelessly).

I also have Google Music Manager running to sync new iTunes music to my phone, but again, I don't think that's looking at Photos either.

I can't find any type of linkage between Dropbox and iPhoto, but I'm thinking that must be what's triggering this??

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm a former iPhone user and used PhotoStream.
Since switching to the HTC One, I'm now syncing my camera shots to my Dropbox account, which works great.
What I can't figure out, is that my HTC Photos are somehow mysteriously also syncing into my photostream.
I'll open up iPhoto and see that my last batch of shots magically show up in my "last import".
This would be a good thing, except for the huge volume of shots when I use ZOE.
And it's filling up my wife's iPhone with all those multi-shots.

I can't figure out where this is coming from.
I'm currently using iSyncr to sync a couple iTunes playlists, but as far as I know this doesn't do anything for photos.
I briefly played with HTC Sync Manager, but found it cumbersome - and it only syncs over USB anyway.
(this is all happening wirelessly).

I also have Google Music Manager running to sync new iTunes music to my phone, but again, I don't think that's looking at Photos either.

I can't find any type of linkage between Dropbox and iPhoto, but I'm thinking that must be what's triggering this??

It seems you may have the settings on your computer to import your dropbox camera folder automatically. Here's a couple articles about the feature and several ways it can be used. Maybe you have you download folder set to dropbox? Check your settings on your computer. So you may not have the same setup as the below but somewhere you must have the settings so that your computer downloads automatically.

Sync photos from your Android device to iCloud's Photo Stream | How To - CNET

Sync iCloud Photo Stream with Dropbox

How to Sync your iPhoto Library with Dropbox and Google Drive | Mac|Life

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae