Horrible Google Play Store speeds on FiOS

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Do any of you have FiOS?

I'm noticing that any Google Play Store interaction is very slow on my HTC One or Nexus 7. At first, I thought it was the Nexus 7 because it was the only Android device I had at the time. When I switched from my iPhone to the One, I noticed the same thing on the One. But, I have the luxury of turning off WiFi and testing through AT&T LTE.

On the One, with WiFi turned on (n or ac), I run Speedtest and get all kinds of awesome speed results beyond 25Mbps. Web surfing is fast and email is quick. The minute I try to download or updated and app, I'm down in the tens of kbps. When I turn off WiFi and go through my AT&T LTE service, downloads are instantaneous.

FiOS had/has an issue with YouTube, and I'm wondering if this is the same thing?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah at times my download speeds were slow when downloading apps. Everything else was fast but apps were slow. I really don't know what it is because I would stop the app from downloading and then try again in like 5 mins and it'll be blazing. So not really sure. I haven't noticed the same thing on the GS4 though.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
My speeds are hit or miss with the play store. Sometimes the speeds are crazy fast other times deathly slow. I also experienced that sometimes if I stopped and slow download and restarted it's goes faster. Sometimes I had to do this 4 or 5 times. But YouTube and play music are all very slow at times.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12