Why are random emails storing in my contacts.

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Emails that I email that I don't want to store just show up saved in my contacts. Why?

Posted via My Developer's Edition HTC one

Todesengel

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Most likely you synced with your google account. Google will put addresses you send emails to into your contacts if they are currently not in there.

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Oh Ok. Is there a way to make sure that doesn't happen. Obviously I have to keep Gmail sync on considering I have a Gmail email. But not all emails I sens to do I want in my contacts history

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh Ok. Is there a way to make sure that doesn't happen. Obviously I have to keep Gmail sync on considering I have a Gmail email. But not all emails I sens to do I want in my contacts history

Under you contacts you can select what to show in your contact list. One of the options is to show only people with a phone number.

Sent from my HTC via Android Central Forums!

Todesengel

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

Go to your gmail account, then settings. Under your photo on the 1st page you should see.

Create contacts for auto-complete:
When I send a message to a new person, add them to Other Contacts so that I can auto-complete to them next time
I'll add contacts myself

Change it to I'll add contacts myself. You will still have to go through your contacts and remove any emails that were previously stored in there.

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Go to your gmail account, then settings. Under your photo on the 1st page you should see.

Create contacts for auto-complete:
When I send a message to a new person, add them to Other Contacts so that I can auto-complete to them next time
I'll add contacts myself

Change it to I'll add contacts myself. You will still have to go through your contacts and remove any emails that were previously stored in there.

Where is this actually located under though? What sub menu in the phone. Because I see nothing

Todesengel

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Where is this actually located under though? What sub menu in the phone. Because I see nothing

Gotta do it on the desktop version. It's a gmail thing and how their contacts are with every android phone. Not a phone issue.

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Gotta do it on the desktop version. It's a gmail thing and how their contacts are with every android phone. Not a phone issue.

Oh Ok. Thank you very much. What about the phone setting that saves unknown numbers to people. I noticed that doesn't actually save it. It asks you if you want to save am I right about that? I haven't noticed aby new numbers in my contact list.

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Semp, right before reading your post, I had literally spent an hour cleaning up the "other contacts" list in Google. I kept wondering why so many contacts were repeated and why old information (phone numbers, etc) were being pulled into my One. Finally discovered how Google was saving this info and went through 100+ auto saved items, cross referencing and deleting them. Will definitely be either turning that feature off or monitoring closely in the future. It was one of the few things that bothered me about the One. Turns out it's more of a Google issue than an HTC issue (although admittedly, previous phones have not pulled this info in from the Google servers).

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon