Charging battery question

Ekiiia88

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Simple question, not sure if its been discussed yet... When charging your HTC One, does it only charge up to 99% or does it reach 100%? So far mines just goes to 99% , anyone else the same?

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Let the battery die down until your phone shuts off on it's own. The recharge your phone which should go to 100%. This will help condition the battery and a good practice to do at least once a week.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Just checked mine after coming off charge and it was 100% and stayed at 100% for over 45 min. and I even made 2 short calls but nothing else. Try what Jag suggested that should work.

Kylazin

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Let the battery die down until your phone shuts off on it's own. The recharge your phone which should go to 100%. This will help condition the battery and a good practice to do at least once a week.

With LiPoly batteries, it is not good to let them die. This may have been a good practice in the past, but it is not the case anymore, especially to do once a week. The battery will calibrate just fine on its own with use.

Jaguarr40

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
With LiPoly batteries, it is not good to let them die. This may have been a good practice in the past, but it is not the case anymore, especially to do once a week. The battery will calibrate just fine on its own with use.
Well you can certainly practice how you like to do your device but it is common practice whether it is a Lithium Ion or Polymer battery it never hurts to run them down to cycle and condition them as I have done an extensive amount of research on this in order to write a battery guide for the forums so it never hurts to do this as it is common practice for any Smartphone device. Thank you for your comments anyway. :)

pmp6nl

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about the 1%. Follow HTC's instructions in regards to the battery. I wouldn't discharge completely, it will decrease battery life.

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Well you can certainly practice how you like to do your device but it is common practice whether it is a Lithium Ion or Polymer battery it never hurts to run them down to cycle and condition them as I have done an extensive amount of research on this in order to write a battery guide for the forums so it never hurts to do this as it is common practice for any Smartphone device. Thank you for your comments anyway. :)

Not looking to start a flame war here, however, you're wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781