Zoes and new Google "Auto Awesome" feature go great together!

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
As most of us know Google had a ton of announcements a couple days ago, and one of them was for a feature called "Auto Awesome", that would scan photos you uploaded to their G+ service and automatically do some cool things in certain cases. One of those things was to generate animated gifs when it sees a burst of photos, and I immediately wondered how that would work with Zoes.

So, I took a quick Zoe of my cat, and since I have auto-upload to G+ set the photos were up there a couple minutes later, and then a couple minutes after that a little animated gif that G+ had auto generated appeared with it. It wasn't the whole Zoe, but it was still kinda fun. The original Zoe uploaded in addition to all the photos, but the animated GIF it generated is a lot smaller in size and there's no embarrassing sound if you're saying something stupid in the background like I was when I took this. (In order to get the cat to look at me)

The generated gifs aren't the smoothest, but it's kinda cool that it was just automatically generated and handed to me without effort! :-D

Animated GIF generated by G+ from Zoe

Another GIF generated from a quick outdoor Zoe

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
As most of us know Google had a ton of announcements a couple days ago, and one of them was for a feature called "Auto Awesome", that would scan photos you uploaded to their G+ service and automatically do some cool things in certain cases. One of those things was to generate animated gifs when it sees a burst of photos, and I immediately wondered how that would work with Zoes.

So, I took a quick Zoe of my cat, and since I have auto-upload to G+ set the photos were up there a couple minutes later, and then a couple minutes after that a little animated gif that G+ had auto generated appeared with it. It wasn't the whole Zoe, but it was still kinda fun. The original Zoe uploaded in addition to all the photos, but the animated GIF it generated is a lot smaller in size and there's no embarrassing sound if you're saying something stupid in the background like I was when I took this. (In order to get the cat to look at me)

The generated gifs aren't the smoothest, but it's kinda cool that it was just automatically generated and handed to me without effort! :-D

Animated GIF generated by G+ from Zoe

Another GIF generated from a quick outdoor Zoe

Strange, I have been looking for this, but I don't see where any have been created for my zoes..........

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Strange, I have been looking for this, but I don't see where any have been created for my zoes..........

Did you upload any in the last couple days? It's only since they announced it that it's been active. It doesn't seem to be retroactively processing any former uploads, at least so far.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks