HTC ONE camera consistently BLURRY!?!

gabriel ammar

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,

so i returned my first htc one because it was having some bugs however my new one is driving me nuts... went to dinner with my friend and i was using every mode possible to get a good night outdoor picture (being that the htc was so hyped about being able to take amazing pictures) every single picture came out blurry. i tried every mode! normal mode, night more and HDR mode. also it took a couple seconds for the picture to take after i tapped on the screen to take it (i had it under the setting to tap to take a picture) HDR lag was even worse oh my god. i really have no clue whats going on. maybe ATT will have an update for this i have no idea. here is a sample picture of my friend (this was one of the clearer shots). hopefully im not crazy and this isnt normal because im really hoping i dont have to go back to my iphone :-\. also every picture looks so pixelated. and im seeing such AMAZING shots on other peoples posts on this forum.

Appreciate all the help!

Attachments

• IMAG0025[1].jpg
    IMAG0025[1].jpg
    287 KB · Views: 342

AdamsHouseCat

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone,

so i returned my first htc one because it was having some bugs however my new one is driving me nuts... went to dinner with my friend and i was using every mode possible to get a good night outdoor picture (being that the htc was so hyped about being able to take amazing pictures) every single picture came out blurry. i tried every mode! normal mode, night more and HDR mode. also it took a couple seconds for the picture to take after i tapped on the screen to take it (i had it under the setting to tap to take a picture) HDR lag was even worse oh my god. i really have no clue whats going on. maybe ATT will have an update for this i have no idea. here is a sample picture of my friend (this was one of the clearer shots). hopefully im not crazy and this isnt normal because im really hoping i dont have to go back to my iphone :-\. also every picture looks so pixelated. and im seeing such AMAZING shots on other peoples posts on this forum.

Appreciate all the help!

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have yet to get a great picture either with my AT&T One. They all turn out blurry, pixelated, lacking detail, etc. It doesn't matter if I'm outside, inside, all of my pictures of people, pets, objects, or landscapes, are all awful. Try and take one in almost an entirely dark room, I get a massive delay while the phone struggles to decide what to do. I never had a camera issue with my One X.

Sent from my HTC One

ssiebor14

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Thus is a picture I took today.. good quality?

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368946984500.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368946984500.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 358

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Appreciate all the help!

Your camera was focusing on the area behind your friends right shoulder. That area is in focus. Did you tap the focus box or just shoot a pic? Without seeing your camera settings its difficult to diagnose the issue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

gabriel ammar

May 13, 2013
Visit site
@jhbthree - nope this was just while clicking the shutter button but it takes forever to focus and take a picture... Let alone get a clear one withoutflash.

@ssiebor14 - no the ppictures quality is also awful especially for daylight. You can't tell any detail on the guys watch and it's not sharp. It's weird because my iPhone 4 takes better pictures than this it might be the Att phones.

Pauley - you think contacting HTC would help or dealing straight with att because I already used my 14 day phone return and this is way too aggravating especially since I rushed to get the phone before my two week trip to Europe tomorrow! HTC helppppp

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
@jhbthree - nope this was just while clicking the shutter button but it takes forever to focus and take a picture... Let alone get a clear one withoutflash.

@ssiebor14 - no the ppictures quality is also awful especially for daylight. You can't tell any detail on the guys watch and it's not sharp. It's weird because my iPhone 4 takes better pictures than this it might be the Att phones.

Pauley - you think contacting HTC would help or dealing straight with att because I already used my 14 day phone return and this is way too aggravating especially since I rushed to get the phone before my two week trip to Europe tomorrow! HTC helppppp

I believe the reason why it did it in the picture you posted is because of the bright light behind your friend. It focused on that. Did you try tapping the focus box?

It is also possible that you just had too little light to take the picture.

Also, there's no way the iPhone 4 takes better pictures. It is inferior in every way to the camera on the One.

Can you screenshot your camera settings so we can see?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

gabriel ammar

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Trust me I took maybe 15 different pictures for every angle (also with[BOX][/BOX] him taking a picture of me from the other angle) nothing came out sharp at all so we ended up using my friends iPhone 4s to take pictures of the evening. I'm on my phone so I have no idea how to attach a screenshot however it was in night mode. Face detection on. Self timer off. Crop was wide. Iso was auto. White balance was auto. Continuous shooting was on and lock focus on video was on. I'm not good with the settings so. I didn't mess around with it. I tried taking a picturein every mode. EEven tried portrait and I tried tapping the square to focus I tried it all.

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Yes, I actually addressed the camera quality and my other observations with Erick an HTC rep on Reddit last Tuesday: Pau1ey comments on Hello Reddit. I will be answering your questions for the HTC One in this thread! Join in!

Hush Martin

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm really starting to wish people would search the forum before asking these things... but anyway. The key here is DO NOT use night mode. Night mode is for pitch black darkness, or nearly pitch black-- like if you were using a single candle to light the room. Use normal mode for low light pictures but do NOT use flash. This came from a friend who works pretty high up in our region of ATT, and it works. Night mode slows your shutter speed down too much, thus how it can get blurry. It isn't necessary in regular low like (like bars, etc) because of the way that the camera sensor is designed to draw in extra light.

Also the scene was Normal. I figured that meant it would automatically figure the best shot.

- - - Updated - - -

No when you select night mode it automatically disables the flash.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
My HTC One takes absolutely fantastic night shots. I have never, ever taken a picture with my HTC One as bad as the one I see here.... and it definitely does not take a couple of seconds on my unit.

I have the T-Mobile unit. Maybe different firmware? I have tried SPrint units and TMobile units personally. I own a TMobile one and use the camera quite a bit. Sprint demo at work. I will try our AT&T unit and compare to see if there are any discrepancies and then I will return here.

But based on my unit and the Sprint one I try sometimes, the camera is absolutely gorgeous in all scenarios. The only thing I don't like it that it seems to focus too much on the center, making the very edges of the picture blurry due to lack of focus from the camera. This most likely has to do with the larger aperture.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
My HTC One takes absolutely fantastic night shots. I have never, ever taken a picture with my HTC One as bad as the one I see here.... and it definitely does not take a couple of seconds on my unit.

I have the T-Mobile unit. Maybe different firmware? I have tried SPrint units and TMobile units personally. I own a TMobile one and use the camera quite a bit. Sprint demo at work. I will try our AT&T unit and compare to see if there are any discrepancies and then I will return here.

But based on my unit and the Sprint one I try sometimes, the camera is absolutely gorgeous in all scenarios. The only thing I don't like it that it seems to focus too much on the center, making the very edges of the picture blurry due to lack of focus from the camera. This most likely has to do with the larger aperture.

What is the Sprint versions software number? Sprint recently got an update. That update could have helped with the camera issues that have been reported

Sent from my HTC One Coconut Wireless

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I thought the OP posy picture was a little blurry... The wedding picture one I though was good. Looks like my Galaxy S3 one. Nothing crazy but still good imo.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369078235595.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369078235595.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 139
  • uploadfromtaptalk1369078295110.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369078295110.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 143

Pauley

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Freddy Vasquez1

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem, had to return it for that reason call HTC I even send them a video I took, it just could not solve the problem so it wend back and got me the Samsung S4. Good luck, i think it is going to be a big problem with all those phones.
:cool:

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Appreciate all the help!

Looks like crap. What are the details. ISO / shutter speed?

KineticMD

Would-be Doc
Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I actually experienced this problem recently too. It comes and goes and is most prevalent in very bright light, like the lens doesn't know what to focus on and freaks out. Even when setting everything back to default it persisted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie