HTC One Black, Aluminum edges wearing to silver.

obnpolo

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone else using the HTC One having this problem? I've had the phone for 8 days, and I can see the corners are starting to wear from black to a shiny silver. Sprint is allowing me 14 days to return, so I might have to make a change.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else using the HTC One having this problem? I've had the phone for 8 days, and I can see the corners are starting to wear from black to a shiny silver. Sprint is allowing me 14 days to return, so I might have to make a change.

Not bashing the device, but that is essentially painted aluminum. Eventually it will flake off, chip, etc. Seems a shame too, the black looks really sleek.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Not that it helps but I experienced the same with my iPhone 5. One of the reasons I was happy with the white one.

Posted via Android Central App

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The Stealth Black is perhaps the nicest looking phone I've ever seen but I got 2 silvers for the reasons stated by OP.

dre22era

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I am on my 2nd black one as the back scratches easy
This metal was definitely dipped in black pvt and is not a natural coat so it will scratch, chip & fade easily.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Black is amazing but you really have to take care of it. My first car was Black and it was a PITA.

Both One & S4 looks amazing, when I pre-ordered my S4 I really wanted it.

MikeDubC

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Not bashing the device, but that is essentially painted aluminum. Eventually it will flake off, chip, etc. Seems a shame too, the black looks really sleek.

It is anodized, not painted. Get your facts straight.

OP, can you post some photos? I want to see this. This was a concern for me in getting a black one.

Shonna McCarty

May 20, 2013
Visit site
So when deciding to get the S3 and HTC one- I went away from the HTC because people said the battery wasn't as good- those of you that have it other than the chipping do you guys like the HTC one?

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
So when deciding to get the S3 and HTC one- I went away from the HTC because people said the battery wasn't as good- those of you that have it other than the chipping do you guys like the HTC one?

Love it. Only issue is the unresponsive buttons.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

sejgiul

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
It will be anodized. This means that small bumps or very light scratches are immediately visible. Not a very good choice for a phone that's in and out of your pocket, on tables etc. Clear anodizing would have been better.

If it bugs you a lot, use a black permanent marker to touch it up. It's an old engineering trick.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Love it. Only issue is the unresponsive buttons.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Sprint's buttons are fine now with the new update.

- - - Updated - - -

It will be anodized. This means that small bumps or very light scratches are immediately visible. Not a very good choice for a phone that's in and out of your pocket, on tables etc. Clear anodizing would have been better.

If it bugs you a lot, use a black permanent marker to touch it up. It's an old engineering trick.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

The thin tip sharpie works wonders!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
There's like four different topics being discussed, which isn't ok.

OP, can you post some pictures please for those of us that are curious?

Posted via Android Central App

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I my self got the silver one. Glad I do not have this problem! However the black one looks pretty awesome too. I would also like to see some pictures. I remember my HOX had coloring issues with becoming stained easy. Glad we don't have that issue this time around!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49