HTC One Buttons Reponse Issues

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
So I went ahead and purchased the HTC One and love the phone so far. The only complaint I have are the buttons (Home and Back). They are sometimes responsive and most of the time not. I did put a screen protector on and read that has caused some issues. I don't want to take a chance and scratch the screen. Also, I read that Sprint got the update and it has fixed the issue.

Should I hope that AT&T releases an update soon? I am new to AT&T so I don't know how their patches work with possible "known" issues. I'm half tempted to return the phone but keep my service. I am currently with Verizon and their updates are a joke.

Admorris

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Your only bet at this point is to either root your phone and install the latest international update (this update fixed the button functionality), or wait for att to release their update.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Your only bet at this point is to either root your phone and install the latest international update (this update fixed the button functionality), or wait for att to release their update.
I'm beginning to wonder about this update. It hasn't come to my DE and the version numbers people are seeing are not consistent. I've never had issues with the button response so does my device already have this update?

amroa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I really think today's update resolved my button issue. Plus buttons are lit up just sitting in a meeting. Don't think I had that before.

Posted via Android Central App

pistos

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I did put a screen protector on and read that has caused some issues. I don't want to take a chance and scratch the screen.

Remove the screen protector from the area where the buttons are. You acknowledged knowing about this as an issue. So why are you not following the recommendations then???

I have had no issues with the buttons. But, I don't and never did have a screen protector on my phone either. The Sprint update made it even better. I am sure ATT will be forthcoming with the update too. Just takes them a little longer to release it.

daviddlt

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a screen protector on mine that came with the otterbox case, have had no issues with responsiveness. Great quality protection

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I've had the button issue with and without a screen protector. It was less of an issue without one but still there. And I always use a protector, 5 bucks to protect my investment from accidents and chaos. It's a no brainer for me.

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums

majiklantrn

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Remove the screen protector from the area where the buttons are. You acknowledged knowing about this as an issue. So why are you not following the recommendations then???

I have had no issues with the buttons. But, I don't and never did have a screen protector on my phone either. The Sprint update made it even better. I am sure ATT will be forthcoming with the update too. Just takes them a little longer to release it.

Looks like others are having the same problem without the protector.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance